First time autocrossing!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by OxWhiteFiST92, Jan 29, 2014.

1. wash

wash Active Member

I paid some more attention to my seating position at the track and I'll describe it here.

With my upright seat and arms held out straight, my wrists are about 2" past the steering wheel rim. When I'm driving my arms always have significant bend at the elbow.

Its comfortable for me. Our steering effort is mild with the EPAS but with the bend my arms are ready to move fast.

I think it makes me more engaged than I would be with a more reclined position.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Blinkrz

Blinkrz Member

Finally got to watch the video now....that was great! Looks like you're getting the hang of it
  4. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I love the palm trees. You may try to keep you hands at 10 and 2. Looks like that got you into a bit of trouble with the wipers. Thanks for the vid.
  5. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

I will give my critique on your runs. I think it is awesome that your doing it so this is positive stuff that could make you better. Keep in mind I can't see your seat position so I don't know how close you are and I can't see the course very well so I'm not sure how you are approaching the braking zones.

I would HIGHLY recommend an instructor drive or ride with you in your car and he/she will be able to point out things in person that you can tweak. From the video I noticed one thing that will help is hand position. I know it sounds stupid and grandma'ish but 10 and 2. I always try to keep two hands on the wheel as much as possible. This means shuffle steering or twisting your arms when you turn. It may feel strange but I have found it help a lot.

Don't let the steer "self" center. Pull it back into position so you can set up correctly for the next turn.

That is all I can see from the video.

Keep doing it though, it is a really awesome and fun sport.
    k757 likes this.