FiST in STX

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by Cligedy, Nov 10, 2013.

1. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I won't have the time or money to put into things what smokin' and some others will, but I'll be happy to provide an occasional word from a total novice as I learn. Living in the KC area, it looks like I'll be able to watch some really good drivers. I'll presumably drive almost total stock, so there will likely be opportunity to see what knowledge, experience, and ability do ( as in smokin' and his efforts) in comparison to my ignorance, no experience, and klutziness. <sigh> Don't worry--I'll be happy to be humble! 'Cuz I should be!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

So are you guys sure it is going to be an STX and not a STC car?

4. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

STC NOC(not specifically listed in the class) states engines up to 3.1L normally aspirated, with no provision for forced induction.

That said, I think it's reasonable to class the car in STC, but it will take a written request to the SCCA to have it considered. The Abarth and golf turbo are in the STC class, so forced induction is not a deal-breaker.

I think the max tire width that can be run on the FiST is still the big unknown. It seems unlikely that anybody can fit 265 tires(STX max) on the FiST. If the car realistically maxes out at 235 width, then STC placement becomes more likely.

Asking the FiST to compete against WRXs and RX8s running 265 tires is a tough proposition.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

From the looks of it STX is the place as the car is not listed in STC nor STX for that matter but being as it is listed in GS with the FoST one might assume it will end up in STX with the FoST when they get it sorted out..

yes and what Cligedy said :)

ronnie karlen likes this.
  6. k757

k757 Active Member

Ah, but the Fiat Abarth is in STC.

7. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

There are other gs cars in stc...lack of a true diff may p
    Push us down there too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

That would be sweet

9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I sent a question to the SCCA - we'll see what they say.

k757, RodMoe and Cligedy like this.
  10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Thank You Sir

11. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I got a reply...the car is not classified, but it appears to be heading to STX. I submitted a request to reconsider the car for STC based on tire size limitations imposed by the car's design. These limitation line up with STC with a maximum allowable size of 225, not STX with a maximum allowable size of 265. If you want to submit something along the same lines do it here.

www.soloeventsboard.com

I was told to keep it short and to the point...also be a bit political when composing your message.

Cligedy likes this.
  12. k757

k757 Active Member

I also submitted.

Finished with..........
    I think the future battle of the Fiat Abarth, Dodge Neon RT & ACR, VW Golf turbo and GTI, Toyota Celica and the Fiesta ST will be fantastic.

Thank You

jasyatz, Slowclimb and Cligedy like this.
  13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Done and Done plus as long as i was there i renewed so they know i am SERIOUS !! lol :biglaugh:

ronnie karlen and Slowclimb like this.
  14. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Excellent. I feel a little weird petitioning for the STC class since I plan to stay in G Street for a while, but I have my fingers crossed that STC happens. It will be good for the FiST and good for the class to see a competitive car that isn't a Civic.

Slowclimb likes this.
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ya Even If I have to order yet another Letter for my car since my numbers and X for STX showed up today LOL soon I'll be able to spell words with all the different class and venue numbers/letters I have :)

16. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I am probably running GS too, but this give a viable option if I end up doing any Modifications.

17. k757

k757 Active Member

You don't need hardly any changes at all to move from GS

18. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I know...what would really make me go is if I end up going with a Cobb AP. I had one for my WRX and loved it. I am tempted..one of the only thing stopping me know is auto crossing and not wanting to get bumped into a hopeless situation.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Cligedy likes this.
  19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I am SO way past anything near GS and yes the AP is a hoot...

20. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I forgot, I'm the one who started this thread way back when. I have a set of seats I'd like to put in, but it bumps me into STX. I've held off on the seats, but between the seats and an AP, it's tempting. I'm trying to show some restraint since this is my daily driver.

21. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

This is my DD too but if I "fix" it beyond a DD i think it will become my track rat .. LOL I never did quite understand the seat rule butthen I am new so oh well good enuff for me