FiST on 02 Focus RS wheels

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Ataru, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Ataru

Ataru Member

My buddy came over with his FiST so we fit my Focus RS wheels on his car just for fun.

The wheel specs are 18x8 42et and the tires are 215/40/18, so it's a lot of tire on there. A 205/40/18 or a 215/35/18 would probably work better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also put on my Momo Corse REV wheels, 17x7 42et, with 215/45/17 tires. There is also a 5mm spacer we put on the rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for kicks we tossed his FiST wheels on my SVTF.

[​IMG]

To answer some questions that might come up:

The FiST is bone stock.

He had no rubbing with any setup, however he did not push hard in the corners.

A full album with more angles and a a few other car fitments can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574316022659576.1073741865.329084873849360&type=1

jimlau, bryramos and McRib 1s Back like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Even though I'm happy with my 16" Sparco wheels, I can see a time in the near future where I'll need to go back to 17s. I want a wider-than-stock option. This is an interesting OEM swap option (as are the brakes!) from a Focus RS. Hmm...

4. Ataru

Ataru Member

However Focus RS wheels are hard to find now. Expect to spend over $1000 for a set of used ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

5. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Looks like poop, Jason.

;)

6. Ataru

Ataru Member

Poop on a stick.

Tim McCarthy likes this.
  7. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Nice SUV :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

8. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I've got a set of 215/35R18's and I'll tell you they are harsh! They do look nice, but there's just not enough sidewall. Unless you have VERY nice roads, they are very unforgiving. They also don't give you any protection, I bent 2 of them hitting a ridge in the road. They're still drivable but I only use them for autocross now.

9. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

Hi folks... I'm a newbie FiST owner from the Land Down Under. And I also have (until it's sold) a Focus ST170 (SVT to most of you). Seeing the new wheels on the old Focus makes me wonder how the situation would be in reverse; did you have the stock Focus wheels to stick on the Fiesta?

I'd love to know how they look, because I'm tempted to do it myself - ST170 rims are fairly easy to pick up from UK/US compared to Rado Grey FiST rims, which is what I'd like, but Ford Australia doesn't do the whole 'optional extras' thing on the Euro range...

10. Ataru

Ataru Member

I believe a few people have used Focus wheels on their FiST for a winter setup, so yes, it's been done and is quite easy.

11. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

Think I might take both cars to a tyre shop and get them to do a quick swap, just to see what I think of the old rims on the new car. I do prefer the multi-spoke design, so it could work... thanks for the tip, because I'd not seen any pics from either US or UK. :)

12. Ataru

Ataru Member

I know they aren't stock wheels, but those Focus RS wheels and the Momo Corse REV wheels both came off of my SVT Focus, and there were no fitment issues at all.

13. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

The Mk I Focus RS wheels are 18s though, and the ride's bad enough on 17s. Yeah, Aussie road quality is shyte...

Pity, really, because they look fantastic on the car!

14. Ataru

Ataru Member

Road quality is horrible everywhere.

15. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

Good to know we're not alone then! :p

Ataru likes this.
  16. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Jeez, where are you where there's sunshine and clear roads? (and this was the 4" we got after the 12" earlier in the week.....Didn't have time for the snow blower that day ;-(

Fiesta ST in snow.jpg

17. Ataru

Ataru Member

This pictures were taken in mid January. It was almost 70 that day.

I'm in Oklahoma.

18. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Kansas City here. That explains the brick houses on slab floors.....any tornado action in recent years?

19. Ataru

Ataru Member

None near me, but lots in OK.

20. Ataru

Ataru Member

You have a GTi as well Smokin?

21. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Yep. It's on the sell list. It has a new engine if anyone is interested.....and cheap, cheap!!
    2010-2013 engines have a serious oil starvation problem and I spun a bearing last year autocrossing.
    Just happened as the new Fiesta ST was announced, so I drove buddies cars the rest of the year and got the FiST in Jan.

Looking forward to warmer weather and 2014 autocross....