FiST to HS per Nov. Fastrack

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by RodMoe, Sep 29, 2014.

1. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Happy Days...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TRev

TRev Member

I would argue that my FoST is more developed than your FiST and while the FiST was easy to adapt to, I am sure I still gave up a bit of time in the FiST due to lack of seat time.

I theoretically would have placed better in the FiST than the FoST on index by a couple tenths had it used an HS index when we drove our cars back to back. HS also finished higher on index than the FoST at Nationals....Reno was slightly faster than Scroggs on index. I don't see how you can say that it should go back to .816 unless you also believe that the HS index should get significantly more difficult too...

Considering the top HS car was in place 251 on index and the top GS car was 256 on index, I think the PAX for both classes needs to get a bit softer at least for Lincoln. Oh...and there is also that the were 5.5 seconds behind they first place index competitor.

I could see the HS index in Pro getting softer along with some other classes or making the GS index harder along with a number of other classes.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

Trevor, I was just saying on how soft it seemed to be this year. That being said I think FMod should be higher as well as that was really shown to be soft. Heck maybe HS will go to the .806 with the moving of cars. Yeah I would TOTALLY agree that your FoST is more developed then my FiST..no question. You as always are really good at looking at the numbers (you do have way more knowledge/experience) and maybe nationally yeah, it could be softer. If it is softer locally......

5. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

Actually very well. I know for sure this move kept at least one mini driver from moving to a different class. It's a real good mix of cars in HS. going to be a great year.

k757 likes this.
  6. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

You mean bail out of STF and buy a FiST? Yup...working out the sales pitch now. But I don't think STF will be slower than HS. I'm really close to cracking HS pax wise but had Courtney and Ryan covered raw at the NJ tour. It will be fun though but I think the FiST goes to STC from there.

Mightymango likes this.
  7. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Agreed. Between the civic si, Nissan 240 and Se-r, and the Minis and existing hs cars, it's an interesting class.

My only real concern is that with another year of development, somebody figures out how to get the best out of the FiST and the car is too good and we get bumped back to GS. But then again, the Mini was clearly way better than the other HS cars already.

8. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

Some would argue that the gs pax was too high this year at .806. I would guess it would stay the same or creep up or down .2 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

Locally, the shift to hs is going to be a bigger deal than nationally. I think some locals will be a bit pissed with the move because my car will be seen as an over dog. Nationally, the minis will be a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokin, jasyatz and k757 like this.
  10. Mightymango

Totally agree as most of the HS cars are not remotely like the Fiesta. Our best HS car is a old Corolla which is actually a hoot to drive. (Konis and ZIIs are the only "mods" )

11. CrookedRacer

CrookedRacer Active Member

I think the moves are great but not just because I own a FiST...

Moving some of these popular cars to HS where the mix becomes more interesting was a wise move by the SEB. It should bring more casual autocrossers to the sport and keep them around, both in GS and HS. The more late-model, fun, sporty cars we can make competitive, the better. So now we have several sporty options in HS that look like they could be competitive together. We are called "Sports Car Club of America" after all. Our slowest class shouldn't be limited to slow, 4cyl sedans.

I agree with Couldahadav8... locally, I might be an overdog now. But that could change with more participation.

And just as I was getting times that were close to my GS friends... my last event I was within .08 seconds of Danny Kao in his Strano-built FoST!

I will honestly miss being in GS with all the great drivers there in WDC Region. I had a lot of fun this season.

jasyatz, F1ST and Couldahadav8 like this.
  12. Mightymango

A lot of our local drivers are now considering the FiST as a car because of the move, I think it will be very good for competition, no matter what the ending pax numbers end up being.

13. CrookedRacer

CrookedRacer Active Member

I sure hope that happens. It would be awesome if we get a bunch of Fiestas at each event. Winning is more fun and rewarding when you have to work for it.

Mightymango likes this.
  14. F1ST

F1ST Member

For instance (from NER forum)

[quote author=J_Anderson link=topic=3706.msg27951#msg27951 date=1412099830]
    H-Street is looking AWESOME!

Makes me wish I could pull the trigger on an FiST to replace my Jetta. Don't be surprised if I beg for a co-drive in H-street next year. This class is going to be epic fun.
    [/quote]

jasyatz, Mightymango and k757 like this.
  15. Mightymango

This and hopefully have a field of less then TWO FiST at Nats. With the change I will be in the FiST this year unless I get some CRAZY invite to drive something else with a national level driver / champ.

Couldahadav8 likes this.
  16. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

From our other local multi-time National Champion:
    "No correlation with H Street and stf or the civic si and crx would be in there [​IMG]. I think the crx si in hs sounds pretty good, what the heck are they going to do if a 26 year old car wins that class."
    Ron Williams

I tend to agree with him so much so that when I saw this classing I thought about calling him about setting one up for me....he knows them inside and out.

What interests me is that when I came to autocross in 2011 the Mini JCW was dominating DS which was then dominated by the Audi TT which was then dominated by the WRX. Who's next? Why can't the FiST dominate the Mini in HS? And jazyats, our local mini guys are threatening to move out. ;-)

But seriously, in regional competition no one pays as much attention to where they place in class more than where they place overall in Pax. I know I do. The faster Evo, BMW, Corvette etc guys are consistent so i am always comparing my delta to see if I had a good day or bad day.

In looking at this season, I averaged 8th in pax in GS. Using the HS pax I would have paxed 6th with only 1.08 points difference.

17. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

We have 2 of the Top 5 Mini guys in our region so the bar is set. It will be quite fun to get one of our local FiSTs up to speed next year.

18. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I'll just be happy to have people working to develop the car.

19. Mightymango

Well more then us few that are trying different things. More people will help ....a lot.

20. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

I've got a set of rear shocks, and a "mild" rear bar if you want to pop them on. Would take less than an hour before the event.

21. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I may be into trying that...

jasyatz likes this.