FiST to HS per Nov. Fastrack

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by RodMoe, Sep 29, 2014.

1. k757

k757 Active Member

I love watching people work :)

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

You can help if you want.. Coming down the 11th or 19th?

4. k757

k757 Active Member

No thanks but will snap some pics

Unsure yet

5. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I'll be there the 19th.

jasyatz likes this.
  6. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

Great. I didn't get the new rear upper mounts yet, so the new shocks don't swap easy yet. We can swap the KYBs from my car to yours to test them if you'd like. Takes 2 jack stands, 15 min and 2 guys.

I also have the Bilsteins from the Ford Racing kit, and the Koni doubles. The doubles need to have the mount drilled out, hence the delay in test fitting them.

7. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Well after hearing and watching the effects of the FiST being moved to HS I decided to get a test drive today... I was very pleased with the car, looks great , is practical, fast and handles really well. I am pretty sure is faster than the Mini. But a few things have me on the fence... I think that the car in the right hands will be an Overdog, which might cause its return to GS eventually. Also no contingency from Ford.... I still loved the car.

Andres

8. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

I think we'd have little reason to move the FiST back to GS even if it did prove to beat the Mini. It likely will invigorate a class that was slowly dying off.

9. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

Andres...you can always give my car another go at one of the test and tunes. (pretty sure you are the Andres from MAC)

10. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Was great talking to you yesterday Andres. I wish you were still here in Florida. I too think a move back to GS could happen, but with the popularity of the Fiesta ST with the general public and automobile journalists, It may always be given a place near the top of whatever class to which its moved. The Focus would likely be moved to a tougher class first.

11. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

What other GS cars moved down to HS... Civic SI were their others that are noteworthy? ....i think the Fiesta will be at the sharp end, not sure if will dominate like the mini did. Plus GS now has the Mazda speed 3 and néw GTI... Will be intersting to see how they compare to the focus . Without a real differential maybe the focus will have trouble?

12. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I should've taken a lap in a competitor's 2008 Civic Si last weekend. The driver is usually about 3 sec off of top Pax time which is too far off but consistent, and he was at the same gap last weekend but I was more than 3 sec (before pax computed) faster than he was. Both of our cars are stock except for wheels and top tires, but the Fiesta ST is likely much better than the Si at bone stock level.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  13. eRic

eRic Active Member

14. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I would think that the Fiesta will stay in HS for the near future at least, against the Focus we are no match just too much of a horsepower difference. I also agree that moving to HS keeps that class going, in our local SCCA chapter no one won the HS championship because too few people actually raced, it was a joke... The only way I would see us going back to GS is if they moved the Focus out of that class and into something else...

15. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Has anybody written a letter to Ford to request Contingency support ? With the FoST and the FiST success I think this is the right moment.

Andres

k757 likes this.
  16. Mightymango

Like I said yesterday, I agree but who would we write to directly?

17. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

I do not own a FiST yet, but I would start here, and see. they have to know who to contact:

fordracingparts

They actually have Contingency for track

sorry do not have enough seniority to post the whole link

Andres

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    MacDubois likes this.
  18. Mightymango

PM me the link over on mnautox Andres and I will email them.

19. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Sorry Ford guys it seems your FiST and FoST are F..up .. called the number and spoke to Isaac Ireland he said that he does not know who makes the decision for Contingency, he gave me an e-mail and no guaranties is going to be answered. He also mention he knows the person in charge of giving Contingencies but that person does not make decisions on starting Contingency for SOLO

Isaac Ireland email. fwrnt(a)ford(do)c o

Andres

20. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Done

Andres

k757 likes this.
  21. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Don't be afraid to mention the contingencies offered by Mini and Mazda. Mazda is very generous.