FiST to HS per Nov. Fastrack

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by RodMoe, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

I won't....I was going to mention Mazda specifically.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

It's really disappointing, because they do have an extensive contingency program.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/Reg...wQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNF8gfUb0AxEBYjbzpC1FhCvQg_eCQ

Edit: this link doesn't seem to work, but you can Google ford racing contingency. They offer them for drag racing, road racing, rallying, baha racing and more. Solo shouldn't be a non-starter for them.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  4. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I'm late to the game here, contingency program helps with what? General expenses?

5. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Can be anything, a $100 would just about cover the entry fee. Mazda offers $300 for 1st, $175 for 2nd.

djdennehy likes this.
  6. Mightymango

It is like a Prize money for success at events. Hoosier for example awards free tires. Mazda offers cash prizes.

I just finished with my email to Ford. Hopefully if not this year....maybe next season.

7. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Would it not make sense to write multiple emails to Ford? Which email did you write to? And where would one need to race in order to get contingency money? I would assume through SCCA Solo....?

8. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I would be happy to see that program start. I am sure the Mustang drivers have tried more than a few times in the past, so I hope letters from Focus and Fiesta drivers prove to be positive and influential.

9. Mightymango

fwrnty (AT) ford(DOT)com is who I emailed.

It would be SCCA solo. I included data from solo nationals with Ford entrants and results as well as comparison and reasonable expectations/consideration ideas.

I referred to the success and participation of the Mustang drivers and how with the new reclassing of the Fiesta there will be even more Fords out on course this year.

One can hope.

10. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I am excited about HS this year. Dixie Tour should have a good sized HS class. I hope a few Minis and Civic Sis show up.

11. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

12. Mightymango

13. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Just sent them an email to the address you listed, hope it gets us somewhere

14. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Really like the FiST but so much uncertainty, HS with no mods, STX or possibly STF with mods ? Not very clear, Overdog in HS, underdog in STX, overdog in STF .
    No contingency...

Andres

15. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

Just so you know, the SAC reads this. Maybe even some SEB members. It is interesting to hear your theories though :) We have no plans to move the FiST back, it would be a bad move for multiple reasons. We do realize what we've done bringing this car into HS but if social media and forums hold any accuracy we might have injected a fair amount of new life into HS, including myself. Don't worry, we have no plans for major changes anytime soon as most feel it's time for stability.

-SAC member

iLiptiKal likes this.
  16. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Thanks for your response, but if what you are saying is that you are injecting new energy to HS by putting a faster car.. maybe because it was time to stop the Mini's reign... why not (as an example), to put a faster car in STC/STF to stop the reign of the CRX? Not sure if putting an overdog in a class will inject health or equality to a class, it seem is making it complex. Of course people are going to get more FiSt 's like me.. is awesome to be the overdog.

Andres

17. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

That's an SEB question, SAC is the Street Advisory Committee (formerly Stock Advisory Committee). I can't speculate on the STAC/SEB strategy for ST as I haven't put much thought into those classes as I only really enjoyed STX personally.

As for Street classing, it's not about ending reigns of cars even though that is often exactly the by product. We don't care if car X dominates a field in class Y as long as class Y has a healthy population. When it shows a pattern of low participation at national events, we then try to determine why and what if anything can be done. We are not convinced the FiST will end the Mini's reign in HS, we do think it will be close and if we're lucky, close enough to make both fair options.

MacDubois and k757 like this.
  18. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Understood

thanks so much for the explanation

Andres

19. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

The move for the FiST to go into HS is very smart for two reasons, first because the FoST is simply faster than the FiST when both are (mostly) stock. Second because HS was very poorly attended last year (or at least within the two Autocross groups here in Pittsburgh).

k757 likes this.
  20. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Poor attended ? HStreet might be considered a "new Class" since the street tire classes were implemented. Having said that, we had 17 drivers in HStock in 2012, 10 in H Stock in 2013, and 25 total in H Street in 2014, so I think there is an increase in the interest in HStreet Class might be also due also to the most affordable tires .
    Pretty sure the FiST move will increase HS participation... bye bye Mini... Welcome Greg Reno to STF ;)

Andres

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    k757 likes this.
  21. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I agree with Andres on a couple of points. HS was very well attended at Nationals (Championship) since moving to street tires, but the prosolos, champ, and match tours were not so great. Bringing in a car which was a slight underdog in GS is strange. I don't like having classes so close in performance, so I hope the Mazdaspeed 3 can widen the gap between GS and HS. But having owned an HS Mini and now a Fiesta ST, I am kind of torn. The Mini is truly a special car (see Miata) which seems like it should always have a spec class. But the Fiesta ST is considered, by auto journalists and many in the racing community, to be an even more potentially iconic car. I am not sure of all intentions of the board members, but I really do think the Fiesta ST is worth the grumbling. The newest Mini Cooper goes too far away from the previous gens, and a Mini is NOT as easy or inexpensive (understatement!!) to maintain as a Miata.