FiST to HS per Nov. Fastrack

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by RodMoe, Sep 29, 2014.

1. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

Depends on your metric for for very well attended. SS and HS were by far the lowest attended classes in Street. If you feel 16-18 in open is "very well attended" then so be it. Not everyone would use that same description and thus you get some need to shuffle things. Also typically changes are based on trends over years rather than single years/events.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

I agree... I think the move to HS is going to help bring more variety to that class and locally I think you are going to see a wide range of cars running that class. As for the Mini which is also an awesome car, Reno (who won HS last year) has registered for STF for the first Pro of the year.

I think HS is going to be VERY well attended this year as well as GS. There are a LOT of people that are going to be running the FiST so it should be interesting. It is all speculation until we get into the parking lots, but I think the move was a smart one.

Contingencies or not I still think it will be fun and competitive, it isn't always about cash money.

djdennehy likes this.
  4. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Same metric anyone, spectators and children included, might use after observing ALL but approximately 5 classes (from Street to Kart). Less than 30 drivers in a National's Champ class is kind of weak compared to days of old, but do you realize ONLY CS, STX, STR, STS, ESP, and SSM had more than 30 drivers?? Seriously, HS matched up very well actually considering it's turnout.

5. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

I assume this is aimed at me. I didn't say that was my opinion, but I've had this conversation on committees for going on 5 years now. Lots of members contact me to let me know how they feel. Also, you are looking at 2014 only. If you want to play that game all anyone has to do is point to 2013 when HS had 8 entries. Numbers generally can be interpreted to mean several different things depending on the argument you want to make.

6. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I absolutely agree it had fluctuated towards the bottom although no more than quite a few classes (FS has really declined). 2013 is a terrible year to use for any stock class due to the RT classes. What is more consistent is how many drivers follow the top (alien or whatever other appropriate name) drivers. Watch how many jump in STU this year even though the C5 was eligible for the class last year. Strano, Borg, Peters, and Heitkotter have announced their plans to be there. Watch how it affects SSR. Again, I do not disagree with you or any others who are wise to point out how classes of 50 plus drivers is where one really finds out how he or she measures. But I do dislike how so many classes are weakly attended yet only a couple are mentioned.

7. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

Sam isn't going to STU, pretty sure Brian isn't either after selling his car to Bryan. SSR's problem is completely different and way off topic for this forum as is much of this speculation on classes not affecting the FiST.

Non-Street classes are not my concern, I've had my time in many of them and less and less interest me here 16 years later. I think we have too many classes, we've tried to shrink even Street classes down by two and were met with great resistance. The hardcore folks want less classes, the less hardcore want more or at least the same.

8. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Brian Peters sold his Z to Heitkotter but he was prepping C5 FRC. Thought Sam was doing the same. I wish we had a major reduction in Stock classes. I would love just a power and speed maintenance option for RWD and FWD...and maybe an AWD class. ST classes could maybe add 1 or 2 IF and only IF such a drastic class reduction took place. As for the Fiesta ST and HS, the so called evolution of the sport is unfortunately consistent with our society's desire for everyone to win. I don't see it changing, but I would welcome such change. Heck, I really wish we had a true spec class....Rev It Up style

9. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Does anybody think either the FiST or FoST have a chance in STX ?, I will love to have a FiST all prepped , I just need to swap my awesome suspension from my Mazda 2 ;)

Andres

10. Des

Des Active Member

Focus could be in the mix with a diff (Mark Scroggs and Trevor Jones have been relatively close in stock cars to some podium finishers in ST*). You could get a 265 under it pretty easy.

I wonder what you'd have to do to get a 255 or 245 on a Fiesta.

11. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I don't think so Andres, but they would be fun to drive. I think the 2015 WRX would have a better chance of beating the Twins. Btw, wait until you see how fast Marcus is in his BRZ. Seems to be a much better fit for him than the S2000. HS will be a fun class for the Fiesta ST. Don't let an LSD lure you to STX.

12. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

Look at how well the Mini S did. It's a faster car to begin with, lighter, smaller, lower, and it probably benefits from STX legal mods as much as the FiST (or even FoST) would and didn't do very well at Lincoln with a top driver though he had lots of success everywhere else. I'd say fun, maybe trophy, but not win.

djdennehy likes this.
  13. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Would this one be STX competitive? Me like ;)..

Andres

14. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Dunno. Send down my way and I'll report back

15. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Tune bumps you to DSP

16. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

W#hy?

Thanks

Andres

17. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Because you are not allowed to change the boost through a tune and stay in Street Touring and the Access Port alters your boost...so you can do anything they did on that car except add all the power. When you put a tune on the car you bump to DSP.

From the Street Touring Rules:
    F. The engine management system parameters and operation of internal combustion engines may be modified only via the methods listed below. These allowances also apply to forced induction cars, except that no changes to standard boost levels, intercoolers, or boost controls are permitted. Boost changes indirectly resulting from allowed modifications are permissible but directly altering or modifying the boost or turbo controls, either mechanically or electronically, is strictly prohibited.

18. Andres3165

Andres3165 New Member

Thanks

Andres

19. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

No changes to boost controls allowed in ST* classes

20. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

But you can add an LSD.