Fixing chipped paint

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by Nik17, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Nik17

Nik17 Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I sustained a few chips on the hood over winter, and that is the exact product I was able to pick up from my dealership. Was around the same price from them as your Amazon listing. Still haven't done the touch-up work, but you'll want to make sure the applicator is fine enough for the chips. I will have a fine paint brush on hand so the touch-up is a precise as possible.

4. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

Don't use the brush that comes in the cap with the bottle. Use a toothpick to apply the paint.

Nik17 likes this.
  5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I second this. I learned the hard way. But put on a very thin layer. Let it dry then do another.

Nik17 likes this.
  6. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Great to know. I called my local dealer and they didn't have any in stock so it looks like I'll order it online and grab a box of toothpicks.

7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Also if it looks like you have too little on your toothpick you don't. Try to get as little as possible....and do layers.

8. DayJ

DayJ New Member

I've filled in several (too many) chips on the hood already. I cleaned the area with alcohol and then applied several thin coats with a tooth pick, allowing eat to dry in between coats. I should have spent the money to get the car clear coated properly when I bought it. The color is beautiful (Green Envy) but the quality of the paint job is crap.