Focus RS is confirmed by Ford

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Applejack, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Very exciting. If this were the Fiesta RS, I would be feeling a little sour about it. I'm eager to hear more about this car!
  4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I have heard rumors of a Fiesta RS in the works too. As the article states "Ford has announced plans to launch more than 12 new performance vehicles."... hopefully the Fiesta RS is in this list. Keep your fingers crossed.
  5. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

That would be very cool. Time will tell!
  6. Removed

Removed Guest

Now the big question... do I upgrade or buy both.... Hmm...
  7. k757

k757 Active Member

Price points are what waiting on
  8. Removed

Removed Guest

My guess is starting price between $35-37k (this puts it in line with the STI, Evo, and Golf R) and topping out around $40k.

I am assuming AWD, and Recaro's, HIDs standard, with nav and moonroof as BTO options... not sure what else they could add beyond a track pack or standalone BBK. Not that I'd complain...
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

lets hope they keep its weight down to respectable levels as they add options.. Price with dealer mark ups could go north of 40K lets hope not
  10. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I might get one. I said that about the FiST when it was confirmed as a worldwide car, and I followed up, so we'll see where things lead. I don't particularly care about colors, door count, any of that BS. Keep it light, make it fast, make it good. I don't even care if it maxes out to the estimated 350bhp figure some people are throwing around--I just care if the engine is as solid as the old 5-cyl in the Mk II RS--with people making 700whp on the stock bottom end. If that's the case, and it's in the 40k ballpark, then it'll probably happen for me. I was already considering the new STi and Mk VII Golf R as another daily for our garage (the rest of the stuff we buy/want to drive are not practical and all 'becooz ricecart').
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

We too are seriously looking at a Golf R should be a fun car in race mode with DCC
  12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

New rumor... this Focus RS may debut at the Detroit Auto Show.
  13. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

I'm glad they have finally announced this officially! :)