Ford Accessport V3

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by mcummings182, Nov 4, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

You will wonder why it didnt run like that from factory. 91 tune with 93 oct feels/runs phenomenal. 93tune is getting mixed reviews. It feels like stock on my car.
    When you get yours, run 93 map first then 91 and let us know what you think.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Congrats -- you'll like it!

Just run 100 octane on the 93 map until and you'll love it. ;)
  4. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Not at $9.75/gallon!
    Firesail likes this.
  5. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

I heard money is a renewable resource. :)
  6. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Sure, just print more!
  7. stuntdoogie

After you print his moneys....print some some for me please...

8. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I expect to.
  9. F1ST

F1ST Member

Could someone explain the return to stock function a bit more? Is is a pre-saved tune that comes in the accessport that Cobb has determined to be the same as stock? Or does the unit read your stock tune in and load it back?
    I had a super chips tuner for my dodge diesel and the "stock" tune wasn't what I originally had on the truck. It changed the behavior of the pre start fuel pump cycle for example.
  10. stuntdoogie

That's a good question. I never backed up my oe tune cause it said it was already saving it before I ran the 91 map. So im hoping it did save the exact oe stock tune.

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Try this

I watch this just to Jam on the cool music..
    These Guy's have Great info here COBB General FAQ
  12. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Good question for someone from Cobb :angel:
  13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

The Factory tune is Pre Loaded And It (The AP) allows you the option if you want to back up your factory tune from your car . From what they told me It is the same. Also you can back up your tunes via the AP Manager. (though not sure if you can back up your stock tune) been a while so i don;t recall off hand.
    Ok just looked and it shows on the AP but i can not move the stock tune to my PC (maybe it is protected somehow)
  14. stuntdoogie

Its the stage0 correct? I thought every car had a vin or id tied to their stock ecu.

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

COBB Tuning, v100.00 -- Stage0 v100 - Installed Stock Mode map for an otherwise stock 2014 Fiesta ST (B299ST). Uses stock values for conditions when you need the vehicle's ECU to act like it is still stock. DOES NOT UNINSTALL AP FROM THE ECU.

The Factory back up is in ROM format on mine and the Cobb maps are in a different format it looks like..

Hopefully one of the Gang from Cobb will be here shortly to clear this up if i Hozed it up ;)
  16. stuntdoogie

If im understanding you correctly factory and cobbs stock flash are different formats?
    Please dont tell me I F'd up.
  17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

You are fine. I backed mine up so i think thats how it saved it. I bet they have the tune stored someplace save in the IP so when you go to uninstall it reads the ROM aka Read Only Memory file so you can't write over it..
    Fear Not Stunty you are good...
  18. stuntdoogie

Thanks for clarifying...i was turning into a worry wart.

19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Hmmmm better get that looked at (warts that is) lol
  20. COBB

COBB Active Member

The Fiesta ST Accessport identifies your stock vehicle ID during the install process and saves this information in the background of the AP. Once the AP is installed, you can use the Stage 0 mapping which is a copy of the stock mapping, however this is not your exact stock mapping. Then when you use the install, the stock mapping that was identified and saved is re-flashed back to the vehicle.

If for any reason the stock data was somehow lost, the AP comes pre-installed with factory mapping that can be used for the uninstall process (not our "version" of it).

21. stuntdoogie

Thanks for clarifying. Why does the miles to empty fuel on the 91 and 93 maps excessively high? I could be half of tank on gas or less and it shows over 300 miles to empty.