Ford Accessport V3

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by mcummings182, Nov 4, 2013.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Once the map is installed.
    Yes, it can be unplugged.
    The only need to keep it connected would be to use the gauge functions.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. smatty

smatty Member

Thanks for the replies. The extra torque from the stage 1 mapping is really tempting for just $500... I just don't see myself wanting to mount the port just so i have more gauges.
  4. Papi4baby

Papi4baby Member

Im the same way. Will flash and put it away.
  5. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Remember, it is not just 30lb/ft of torque, it's an extra 200-300 rpm on your redline and torque truncation in 1 and 2 is turned off by using the AP.

And yes, once you've installed your tune you can put your AP away but I really really enjoy the extra gauges, and mounted to the side of the MFT hood it's secure and easy to read at a glance and obstructs none of my view.
  6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

As I ONLY will use the gauge mode on track days.
    I want a CD slot mounted holder that would place the AP in front of the MFT.
    Since I would not be using the MFT on the track this would put the gauges in a better line of sight.

7. Autonomous

Autonomous New Member

Hey BlueBomber, can you point me to some pics of your mount? I want to put my mobile phone there so I can use Torque Pro version gauges.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  8. golfhack

golfhack Member

I have the mountek[​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  9. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Just pulled the trigger on an AccessPort. I'm looking forward to the extra power on the 91/93 maps.
    BlackBird and COBB like this.
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

You're going to love it!
  11. WScottCross

I definitely do! I jumped straight to the 93 map since that's all I put in it and it is great! Really looking forward to autox now!
  12. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

31.2 MPG, bye bye! :p
  13. WScottCross

14. smatty

smatty Member

I'm curious to see how many MPGs you actually lose...
  15. McRib 1s Back

Driven *exactly* the same way, and you'll improve fuel efficiency with this new tuning. The hard part is actually wanting to do that!

The nice thing is that even occasional WOT blasts don't completely destroy fuel efficiency (provided you don't immediately brake each time).

Have fun!
  16. WScottCross

Driving *exactly* the same is impossible with this added fun factor! Additionally, I changed to 225 width summer tires from 195 winters. It's getting warmer, so that will help. Autocross season starting up, so that will hurt. I will be doing 1000 mile round trip business trips probably twice a month. I am interested to see where it ends up, if it ever really settles.
  17. McRib 1s Back

I look forward to watching your fuelly score. :)

If you have enough freeway miles, you'll be pleasantly surprised. After driving 110 miles to Big Willow, running nearly 30 laps, with a lot of WOT (2.5 miles each), and driving home the same 1110 miles (at a civilized pace), I averaged more than 20 MPG. That works out to a bit more than 10 MPG on the track, and about 28 MPG on the road. Not bad so bad, huh?
    Mr UFO and spangenb like this.
  18. WScottCross

So far, the gas milage has held. We'll see what the long term effects are. I still managed to get a tank average of 29, even with an autox event in the middle of it. The 1000 mile round trip to VA aren't hurting my average either.
  19. McRib 1s Back

That's pretty impressive and reinforces the low operating costs for our fun little car! :)
  20. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Would I be able to use the V3 to program a different tire size? I want my odometer and speedometer to read true with my winter tires on, and know the dealership can do the programming for a fee. Since I plan on ordering the V3 for the performance benefit, it would be nice if I could have a practical reason as well.
    spangenb likes this.
  21. COBB

COBB Active Member

The Accessport and Accesstuner does not have that ability right no, sorry!