Ford Accessport V3

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by mcummings182, Nov 4, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

What about people like myself who bought an AP from FSwerks before your left Randy? Are we out of luck?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

I have some ideas for you, by the way. On my way to work I was thinking about your auto X driving scenario. Think I have some things I can do to make it even better.

RodMoe likes this.
  4. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

It would make sense that shops would be willing to sell their tunes to people who are interested. I have no idea what a shop pays for an AccessPort from Cobb. Chances are they would be able to make the same or more profit from selling you an OTS tune than they would from selling an AccessPort and including a free tune. The question is if they would be able to lock an OTS tune to your specific AccessPort or VIN like they can do with the Protunes.

Any insight into this Randy? Would selling the bespoken tune included with the Mountune AccessPort to others be something they would consider?

5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Also want to know this. Many of us already have Accessports, what would it cost to get the custom tunes?

6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Just be careful doing data logs.
    I just got stopped for doing 97MPH trying to collect data.

Dave

ted lorendo likes this.
  7. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

But officer, I was just data logging....

I assume the Accessport for the 2014 Fiesta ST will work for the 2015? I would hate to order the AP only to find out there is some change in the 2015MY ST that causes issues.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  8. COBB

COBB Active Member

It most likely will, but we are still waiting for the 2015 models to verify!

Ian

9. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thanks Ian,
    I will hold off on buying the AP until it is confirmed. Much like you, I am also waiting on a 2015 ;)

10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

So, how do you get a good data log without going over 100 MPH?

Dave

11. Randy@mountune

The dyno. ^^^^

12. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

Randy any idea if/when you guys start doing installs, will you plan to have a dyno at the facility too?

13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You have not offered that option yet. :(

Dave

RodMoe likes this.
  14. Randy@mountune

We will be doing installation work, yes. I don't have an ETA. Right now we are only doing MP kit installations for Focus ST and Fiesta ST.

We do have a dyno here already, but its not something we are using for customers right now; just our own R&D.

15. Randy@mountune

You can use any DynoJet. I may reach out to you down the road a bit for some testing, but right now the time just isn't allowing. :)

16. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

Ordered my accessport and should be seeing it Monday! can't wait! are they easy to use? this will be my first time having 1.

17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Easy as plug play. Plenty of vids on how to on the COBB site as well as You tube. Takes maybe ten minutes the first time.
    http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm

18. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

When ever you are ready.
    Thanks

Dave

19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Lucky Ducky ... ;)

20. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

Stupid question, when updated with the latest firmware will the latest maps be loaded onto the AccessPort too or will that need to be done manually?

21. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

In my experience the firmware is separate from the maps. You will need to download the maps from the Cobb site and put them on the AP yourself.