Ford Ecoboost Challenge

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by AlanBDahl, May 31, 2014.

1. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

A friend of mine let me know last night that the Seattle-area Ecoboost challenge was today just 10 minutes from my house. They had an autocross course set up where you could get a “pro ride” in a Focus ST with their hotshoe followed by three timed laps in a Fiesta ST on the same course. The fastest two drivers for each hour were able to come back for a runoff with the prize being a set of $300 Sony headphones and second place being a scale Focus ST model. I was first fastest in my group and despite overcooking it and just missing a wall of cones I managed to hold on and win the headphones. Thanks Ford!

If you have a chance to make one of the remaining events (Houston, Columbusm Chicago, San Francisco or Indianapolis) do so!

http://ecoboostdrive.com/

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

Houston isn't too far from me... Too bad the 7th doesn't give me much time to prepare.

4. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

What do you need to do to prepare?

5. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

Well, I probably exaggerated when I said it wasn't too far since Houston is 3 hours from me, but not much I just would have preferred it to be after I got paid and after the autox event on sunday.

6. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Here's a video I made at the ST Performance Academy at the EcoBoost Challenge in LA a few weeks ago.

iLiptiKal likes this.