Ford Racing and mountune team up to provide aftermarket warranty

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Jul 15, 2014.

1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Joe Schmoe and bryramos like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

We're really excited about this!! :cool:
    captainmorbid and mrtn like this.
  4. Kalil

Kalil New Member

This is a good start!:thumbsup:
  5. RobotdevilfieSTa

RobotdevilfieSTa New Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Awesome news! Now where's my MR/MP love for the 11-13s!? ;)
  7. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Great news! When will the TBE be available?:cool:
  8. Epoch02400

Epoch02400 New Member

This is awesome news....
  9. bryramos

bryramos Member

10. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

This is bad....very bad for my wallet.
    Applejack and Firesail like this.
  11. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

12. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Tried to make an appointment with the dealer to have my "stuff" installed next week. The Service Manager had NO idea what I was talking about, was incredulous about the warranty, and had never heard of mountune. I informed him that all he had to do was install the parts and give me a receipt for having done so. He said he'd call back with an estimate...... never did.

I called the Portland area Ford Racing parts place, and they'll be glad to do it. (they also had never heard of mountune). My appointment is for the 31st.
  13. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I spoke to a guy at ford racing. He said dealers will probably start to hear more and more and in a month or two understand it. Dealers can also call ford racing and they will walk them through it apparently. I would just want a mechanic that knows what they are doing to do it...
  14. RobotdevilfieSTa

RobotdevilfieSTa New Member

I'm assuming that a ford racing dealer would need to be the one to do the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

From the looks of the parts and the instructions, it's not a job a home mechanic should have any problem with. (The MP215, Induction hose and Quick Shift Kit), so a professional Ford man shouldn't have a hard time or a chance to go wrong, .. But warranty provisions... Nice tip tho that I can have them call "central" and get further information if they feel they need it.
  16. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Hi Guys,

mrtn had messaged me about this, so I wanted to share what I knew. My information is coming from this article on

Ford Racing to offer warranty on select components when dealer-installed

· Parts to be distributed through all U.S. Ford Racing distributors

...The new product line will be supported by the industry-leading Ford Racing technical hotline, with select parts covered by a Ford Racing vehicle warranty when dealer-installed. Enthusiasts can expect to see availability of Ford Racing/mountune performance parts in the first quarter of 2014."

I hope this helps!

17. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I just got off the mountune web sight, and some of the parts now have "Warranty Friendly" little smiley faces. One of the parts that I plan to put on

2364-IH the induction hose does NOT have such a sticker, and I notice that it is conspicuously absent from the listing given on the link at the beginning of this thread. ... ?
  18. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Not to rain on anyones parade but I posted below on another thread.

Just off the phone with Ford Racing. They aren't able to register US customers with MP215 kits yet for warranty without an EO number.
    He did mention my registration looked in order, and being in Canada, wouldn't require an EO number, and to check back in a few weeks.
  19. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

There is no happy face on the intercooler either but it's on the list of warranty friendly....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

What is an EO number? So many people use Acronyms here that I can't always follow.
  21. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member