Ford to dump MS from SYNC

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by EcoBeast, Feb 22, 2014.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Yes, so now Blackberry can impose their crap ideas and turn a so called good thing into crap .

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Happens all the time when cute lil start ups get swallowed up by big Corp's that fear them ... Merica'
  4. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Hasn't happened in 3 years. :$
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

That may only be because I have not bought one.

6. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

That is a small business owners dream...I would love to start a small business that does what it does so well that a big company comes and buys it. Kind of like winning the lottery. The owners of the businesses my company has purchased in the past 3 years have all retired...wealthy and happy.
  7. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

8. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Vow. Are ve becomink spoiled leetle girly men? All I need is a goot road, da turbo, 6 speed and FM radio.....ya?
    reddog99 likes this.
  9. chr0n0phage

chr0n0phage New Member

10. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I agree. Just give me a good push-button radio and a CD player. :p
    If this system is an example of hi-tech, then we're headed downhill. The effort is rarely worth the trouble.
    LotusZX3 likes this.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I like tech and all but this time I would have loved to check the radio delete box on my order form and gone after market if needed... But as we know that just ain't what it is now a days ...
    reddog99 likes this.
  12. madhatter

madhatter New Member

Any issues i've got with MFT are due to my phone being flaky, not MFT. Just sayin.
  13. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Wow! Some people really hate MFT, don't they? I don't mind it. I actually like most of the features, especially the ability to have two phones paired connected with the bluetooth at the same time, one for voice and one for media. Most of the other gripes about it just aren't that big a deal to me. The system is far from perfect, but I don't hate it as much as some of you appear to. Not trying to stir anything up, just saying that it doesn't annoy all of us so much.
    Slowclimb likes this.
  14. ArrFrazier

ArrFrazier New Member

Maybe we'll get a scroll ball. That'll be even more frustrating.
    Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  15. tuxedoST

tuxedoST New Member

To complain that it is blackberry tech is about the same as complaining its Microsoft tech. Hate them or not, Ms and QNX both have a LOT of experience in the embedded market. I really don't think MFT will get much better with this changeover if they keep the same UI, ux, and design teams. I agree, this seems very lateral, not forward.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk
  16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

But only Blackberry would bring back 8 Track Tapes.

Firesail likes this.
  17. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

And there is a large group of us old farts who actually remember using those. I'm sort of bummed that Ford is switching because that probably means no more updates for our current system and I would bet a large sum that our current hardware will be "incompatible" with the new OS. Seems similar to the U.S. speedskating team blaming the suits. I personally think it would have been better to fix the UI and leave the underlying bits alone. My $.02
    tuxedoST likes this.
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I loved 8 tracks in the cold .. so much better than cassettes for tape drag .. LOL
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  19. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

20. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

From what I have played with of the MFT system I'd rather have that than the regular Fiesta Sync (non-MFT) system. I'm young and like gadgets and tech though. I can figure out how to use stuff by just using it. I like the big screen and integrated nav system. But since I don't own one yet, I haven't had any of the issues some of you are having either.
  21. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I have no problem with figuring out the MFT system. I like tech as well as anyone. The system is wonderful if you're sitting by side of the road. But trying to navigate the menus (if you haven't memorized the verbal commands) in traffic can be downright dangerous.
    Firesail likes this.