Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Formerly SVTf, now FiST

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  wash 
#1 ·
Picking up my FiST from the dealer in about 90min, super stoked!

My car history ; 83 Civic - 88 Civic - 2001 focus zx3 - 2004 focus SVT - 2007 wrx - 2010 wrx

Looking forward to having something small, light, and quick. That hasn't stopped me from pondering all the mods we love.

One thing that came up...EU parts, do they have anything over there which we don't? I'm actually going to be spending a fair bit of time in the Netherlands this coming quarter. Wonder what I can pickup for my new FiST and ship back in the company create. Hmmmmm.

Good to be back in the Blue Oval saddle again, now with moar Recaro

#2 ·
Congrats and enjoy pics and details be nice when you find time. Think the EU car is different enough not much will be a direct bolt on and the ECU is different from what I understand. That said anything can be made to fit with time effort and $$$ ;)

#4 ·
But there again with wide Body kits the doors are different as are the bumper's (making the exhaust a smidge longer at the tips?)and I think the hood and headlights. But I could be mistaken :confused: Agree though after SEMA we should be up and running ....

#13 ·
I don't notice myself waiting for it to respond.

I think the ecu smartly uses the TiVCT to generate exhaust volume and spin up the turbo so its not laggy at all.

I'm not sure throttle response is a cable vs. wire deal, plenty of cable operated carbs have bad response when the accelerator pump isn't right or something else is screwed up.

And speaking of accelerator pumps, a direct injection engine could add gas on a cylinder whose intake valve is already closed. If its set for a lean burn off throttle, it could already have the air to burn it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.