From a Focus to a FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by BlackBird, Apr 21, 2014.

1. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Horns look great, badges look great, those Sparco wheels will look great. Love your TB.

BlackBird likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Love this car. Fairly identical to what I'd do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

Tokendog likes this.
  4. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I got them totally by luck, as my friend knew I liked the STOA badges. They're a little more low-key and subtle without being totally blacked out.

Tokendog likes this.
  5. Dylanc

Dylanc New Member

I was wondering why I hadn't seen this thing around right as I picked mine up. I'll have to keep an eye out when I'm back from Florida. [​IMG][/IMG]

BlackBird likes this.
  6. BlackBird

Hmm, where are you located in CT?

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

7. Dylanc

Dylanc New Member

I go from Plainfield area to new London weekly tend to venture around often

BlackBird likes this.
  8. BlackBird

I like New London a lot. A close friend used to own Sarge's Comics there.

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

9. Dylanc

Dylanc New Member

Definitely some nice spots there, I live and work up in Plainfield but have a lot of friends and family down in that area

BlackBird likes this.
  10. BlackBird

Finally riding on my warm weather set-up, though it's threatened snow twice since I put them on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BlackBird

Last one:

[​IMG]

12. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

Those 15's fit so nicely! I'm a big fan of the smaller wheel/more tire look. I know the tires are great, but do you notice better acceleration with the lighter wheel/tire combo? I was thinking of going 16's, just to be legal for the stock class for autocross... but I think I can budget for some additional upgrades that would take me out of the "stock" class anyways.

Those photos really make your fiesta look sharp, congrats. Nothing like using a real camera to get great shots and making a subject look amazing. You should submit the pics for fiesta of the month. That and the license plate is perfect :) They should have named the fiesta the Touge ST :p

Any plans for the summer?

13. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

I have a set of 15s (same Sparco wheels pictured) with BFG R1s, and they work great! I definitely noticed it feeling faster on acceleration. I'm also a fan of the look and improved ride on the street (not that my FiST did very much of that).

The bummer here is that with bigger rotors, neither my set of 15s or 16s will fit! It's sad, but I'm on my fourth set of wheels for the FiST already!

14. BlackBird

So, uh, someone hit us again. We were stopped at a light and got rear-ended by a Murano riding on a repair tag who 'didn't see us there' and nearly bolted. Whole bumper is screwed up, there's some intrusion into the rear passenger side wheel well, the exhaust is hanging funny, the hatch won't close, and the front driver's side door is sticking/resisting more than the other doors. I'm afraid the frame is an all likelyhood--particularly the unibody B-pillar--bent. The last time we got it hit, it was practically 5k in damage. This is probably more. It's already not worth a lot. This....this might be goodbye. Car is also driving kind of funny, and pulling to the left a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ouch !!

17. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Seriously sorry to hear

18. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

worst luck ever!

19. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Jeez! That is lame.

20. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

:poop::poop:
    Ouch! That sucks!:headbang:

21. BlackBird

Some more shots of the damage. Here's the driver's door and front left QP / A pillar, opposite where the car was hit, with panel gap and distortion.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Impact area:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]