From a Focus to a FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by BlackBird, Apr 21, 2014.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS wheel with positive (!) camber. :O

[​IMG]

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BlackBird

Cargo area intrusion:

[​IMG]

Hard to get the camera under the car without a lift, but the rear strut bracket is near a portion of funny-looking member.
    [​IMG]

More A-pillar roll. If you look at the car head on, this corner now sits a few mm lower than the rest of the car.

[​IMG]

4. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Wow, the universe seems to hate your FiST... So probably totalled? Do you have any "new car replacement" coverage in your policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BlackBird

I have pretty much full coverage. I can't remember off hand the specifics of a new-car replacement, but I do have some ideas as to where to go from here in the likely event it gets totaled out--which I think is what needs to happen. The body of this car is definitely compromised.

That Blackbird so strong, they gotta go and kill her. :(

6. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Staying in the ST realm? Your TB was one of my favorites. The matte black stripes looked great.

RIP

BlackBird likes this.
  7. BlackBird

Probably not. I want AWD or RWD.

8. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

9. BlackBird

Noooooooope.

10. captainmorbid

Interesting... If the ST is done:(, I look foreword to what you grab next. And what you do to it.

11. BlackBird

I really think it might be. These cars aren't worth a lot to begin with. Five grand's already been poured into fixing it once, and as such it's worth less than it would otherwise be. If the unibody is compromised, which there's every indication that it is, then yeah, time to move on.

I did get stepped-up to and shouted at by the claims adjuster today though, that was charming. That guy needs to lay off the steroids and learn some basic manners (he was jaaaaacked for a short guy).

12. captainmorbid

Weird. Not sure why a adjuster would get bent out of shape for a rearend collision. Must be from the other insurance company... Probably blaming the colour of your car for their client's inability to operate their eyes. You did a lot for this community, hope you don't move on too far...

13. BlackBird

Even if I wind up somewhere else, I wouldn't disappear. I care about this community. :) Incidentally both myself and the at-fault party have Nationwide. The dude just seemed out of sorts.

14. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

That is pretty odd. I hope they total it for you!!! Looks like you have really good evidence.

15. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

People get bigger vehicles so they'll be safer if they are in an accident. What they really mean is that they don't care enough to pay attention to the road so it's 'when' they are in accident...

Sorry you got hit [again], but I do hope they total that. I would hate to have to drive around a car with that much damage having been done to it because the fix is never as good as the original car. This is why I want a bright orange Fiesta. In my current dark blue car I drive with my lights on during the day to avoid being pulled out in front of all the time.

16. BlackBird

Yeah... I know what you mean. 1. It will never be the same. 2. It's now worthless.

[​IMG]

Here it is being taken to the shop, as we refused to drive it there due to the listing to the left. Now here's the kicker. The shop says there's 'only 2500 in damage' and no frame damage. The alignment is totally screwed up, guys. There is very little adjustment in the rear! Going to get a second opinion from a garage I trust more--incidentally, a dealer-owned garage, on Monday. This whole situation is growing more sour by the moment. There's a lot of damage, and there's no way it's fixable with just $2500 of work.

17. captainmorbid

Just the crumpled fascia would be 2500$ parts/labour/paint! I second your second opinion.

18. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Yeah, how dumb is the person that quoted that? I just had a coyote strike and my bumper, headlight assemblies, rad mount and intercooler had to be replaced. All in its was $4000 CAD to be fixed... Modern cars are expensive to fix. Just the front bumper from Ford (no paint) is $540...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. BlackBird

Here she is on her way to the other shop, with the rear bumper cover and crash bar removed (and sitting inside the hatch). Should be getting the second damage estimate in a day or two.

[​IMG]

20. captainmorbid

Poor thing... Looks weird with the tail lamps removed...

21. BlackBird

I got my car back. The stripes need to be re-done because the shop couldn't apply them on straight. Really? Also, this is my alignment report, and I'm left scratching my head, particularly the rear alignment.

[​IMG]