FRPP Stuff

Discussion in 'Tasca Auto Group' started by McRib 1s Back, Sep 16, 2014.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Well let me know if you need anything on the diff I may have a few extra parts laying about ..
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Thank you, that is a very generous offer. I'll keep your posts handy for the installation, and I think the most valuable part is knowing to have spares (like the gasket you mentioned). :)
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

ITs all about the car and keeping you happy by paying it forward.. And by You i mean all you DIY gearheads and FiSTers LOL
    Firesail likes this.
  5. McRib 1s Back

Thank you, I appreciate that. I will certainly do some of this work -- but in the interest of time, I may farm part of the job out. It's already been TOO LONG without driving it! As you know, one project leads into another and weeks become months! :)
  6. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Can't wait to hear how the module works out for you.
  7. McRib 1s Back

You know, that's an easy swap -- I should just drop that in this weekend and do my industrial loop run to see if all of the TC/TVC stuff is off!
    RodMoe and Steve@Tasca like this.
  8. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member car is in the shop and will be there for a couple more weeks. I'm finally getting my cage done! I'm very happy to have access to a premium builder that does a lot of Formula D work (built Falken's Championship car in 2011!). I'm also having my windows replaced with Lexan (G10, I believe is the more scratch resistant stuff!).

I'm having the AC and heat exchanger yanked out at this same time. I planned to do the work, but life got in the way.

In the meantime, I can tell you that the FRPP racing ABS module actually replaces the entire pump! The electronics are within that unit, and it's an easy change. I can't say anything about the performance yet, of course. Once the car comes out of the shop, I'll give it a nice spirited run.

The dash is being gutted, so I won't have the NAV screen or any other indicators. I'm taking the occasion to rip out all other unnecessary electronics, the airbags, and brackets. I'm hoping for another 100 pounds here! My cage (DOM and TIG welded!) will probably weigh between 120-140 pounds.
  9. ryst

ryst Active Member

Can you confirm that the car will completely function with the MFT unit ripped out? I know RAAMaudio aka Rick was looking at doing this but we weren't sure if the car would work.
  10. McRib 1s Back

No, I cannot confirm that -- yet.

This is a good concern to have, and I'm rolling the dice a bit. If I didn't have the new FRPP ABS module, I probably wouldn't do it. Since I'm ripping out the MFT, all of the associated comm gear goes with it, too.

Once my cage is built, I'll start another thread with all of the details.