Fuel Pedal Spacer?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by Zormecteon, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. 15pbfist

15pbfist Member

I have it and it is very nice it's not perfectly even but made a big improvement super simple to instal

4. greybeard

greybeard New Member

I have the pedal lift and like it. It helps make heel-toe at least possible. And install was 10 minutes. I got black to it is basically invisible.

5. greybeard

greybeard New Member

I like the pedal lift too. I still have a bit of trouble with heel-toe because the brake pads are grabby, but now I can reach the gas with my heel. A huge improvement over stock. As others say, the install is simple and clean.

6. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

Cool looking product. Just one question for those that have it installed in their cars: Usually in track or racing applications you actually need the throttle pedal a bit lower than the brake pedal given what is happening during a heel-and-toe downshift; specifically, by definition you are coming down fairly hard on the brakes which lowers the position of the brake pedal. By having the throttle pedal already lower than the brake pedal, when you press down on the brake for a heel and toe downshift, the brake pedal should then be actually more "even" or level with the throttle pedal, making it easier to roll your foot on to the throttle pedal. It seems that if you start with the pedals even, lowering the brake under braking would lower the pedal below the throttle, making heel-and-toe downshifts more difficult. Is this not the case in the real world?

7. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Correct. In everyday driving, you aren't really that hard on your brakes eg. Cruising to a stop light, going around a corner or bend in the road. Most people will find that a higher gas pedal makes it easy to hit with your heel/ side of your foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk