full cobb stage 3 and protons results

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by ted lorendo, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

So just spent my day up at Cobb so cal. They installed my downpipe and intake (both cobb components) and then threw her on the dyno for a protune.

Final results were 222whp and 308wtq.

They said that's the highest numbers they have seen from any of their shops thus far. Car feels amazing. The guys at cobb so cal really take care of people. Drove the 100 Mile trip back home. Took a twisty road home. New Bilstein B14s and protune stage 3 has me completely happy. Car feels fast.

What have you guys made on the crappie California 91 octane?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

wow thats really good on that gas Congrats
  4. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Thanks bud. Took the while day but definitely worth it.
  5. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Would love an exhaust vid to hear your setup, I just have the FSWerks cat back (rules or Autocross disallow me to go any further)
  6. felopr

felopr New Member

stock intercooler and stock catback? damn son
  7. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

308 torque....in the Fiesta. I bet that's FUN!
  8. Golfguy11800

Golfguy11800 Member

9. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Yes 222whp and 308wtq. It's nuts. Yes it tapers off on the top end but I'm fully satisfied with the setup.
  10. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

No. It's the cobb fmic with hard pipes and cobb full turbo back. Love it! Protune is worth it.
  11. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Yes...yes it is. It's so responsive down low in the rpms.
  12. matt.k

matt.k New Member

how much did the install and pro tune run?
  13. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Walked out the door for 900. I put everything on but I couldn't Crack the downpipe off.
  14. just the pro tune alone, how much?
  15. matt.k

matt.k New Member

I assume there was some parts cost in there. Tuning can get expensive but I would imagine that Cobb has maps that get you pretty close, I wonder if there is a boost difference between base stage 3 and the "protune"
  16. golfhack

golfhack Member

Someone told me the protune was $695
  17. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Protune is about 400$. Because I bought their stage 3, they Cut That in half. 200 when you purchase their parts. Boost wise, it's a 24lbs map but I peak almost at 26...lol
  18. golfhack

golfhack Member

Do they also add a boost leak check charge if you haven't had work done there before?

Pretty happy with the stage 3 ots tune right now. I might just get a set of coilovers instead. Ted, how have your Bilstien's been?
  19. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Bilsteins are like butter. Smoother ride than stock. I've thrown some very aggressive driving at it and it absorbs everything. Yes they tested for boost leak prior to dyno run.
    golfhack likes this.