FYI - Ford offering Focus ST calibration tool!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by MonsterST, Feb 11, 2014.

1. __V__

__V__ Member

Odd that this isn't a mountune part, with this out why bother with mountune.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Does the focus respond to tunes better than the fiesta? With the cobb tune (stage 1) there is not a HUGE increase in numbers, though you do seem to get a better curve. The increase in HP and TQ on that Dyno Chart for the Focus show huge gains....I know my WRX got a huge amount from a Cobb stage 1 tune too. The fiesta does not seem to have that much left on the table.
  4. wash

wash Active Member

The numbers you see are for a tune, exhaust and intake, it should be compared to Cobb stage 3 or Mountune MP275 (I think).

Comparing that to a stage 1 Cobb tune with no intake or exhaust is not terribly Fair to the Fiesta.

If you really want power in the 2.0, go with a Mountune exhaust elbow and an EFR turbo or the company at SEMA that had an EFR in a Fusion (APR maybe?).

The path for the 1.6 isn't figured out yet, mainly due to the fact that there is no tuning solution, you can get Cobb stage 1 and that's it.
  5. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Okay...that makes more sense.
  6. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

And hasn't pelotonracer2 had some issues with the Cobb tunes on his FiST? Might things like that not be part of why it takes so long to get these out?
  7. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I think those issues came about with the stage 1 plus bolt ons...
  8. ryst

ryst Active Member

I won't speak for him, but I know he did say he had boost leak issues because of the crappy clamps they use on the FiST being loose.
  9. wash

wash Active Member

I don't understand your point.

I have heard of people being disappointed with the Cobb 93 octane tune but I'm most disappointed that Accesstuner software isn't available. With dozens of people tuning, the issue of the 93 octane tune would be found and resolved already.

People seem to be happy with the Cobb 91 octane tune so it is better than stock.
  10. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I dont have bolt ons and can testify 91map works better than 93map.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

There was a guy that ran 100 Oct with a 93 oct map and it worked great but a 7$ a gal it wasn't a DD thing but it worked well for him. What pel2 is iseeing is the 93 oct mape seems to be pulling timing out in the first gears and causing a dip in power (I am typing from recall so don't quote me) Went back to 91 mao with 93 oct fuel I THINK and see's no big dip.. I am sure it will be sorted out in time as Cobb is aware of it. On a more personal note I have been running the 91 tune with 93 oct gas when i can find it and love what this remapping give you well worth a good long look for the money as a over all upgrade strategy. It only makes your exhaust and intake mods work better and funner in the long run... Lets hope Pel2 pops in and give his 2cents and corrects me if I am wrong ;)
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  12. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

It's only $200.00 more if you pay retail which you won't as long as you have my contact info.

To be perfectly honest in most cases these days a CAI and exhaust by themselves add nothing but sound enhancements, the power is all picked up via tuning. This really started becoming apparent with Mustangs a few years ago and it's fairly obvious now with the Ecoboost as well, until you start really, really pushing the limits the air inlet and exhaust are plenty good.

In order for an exhaust system to make a difference in power in these cars you need an aftermarket downpipe and I doubt FRPP is going there.

There's no doubt that the FRPP stuff might not take the car to the ragged edge but they do a very nice job on the stuff they do and the warranty is quite a nice little bonus.

Irsinn likes this.
  13. wash

wash Active Member

I think the speed density fuel injection strategy is what makes the intake and exhaust seem to have near zero effect.

Its like the 1987 Mustang 5.0 before MAF meters where intakes, exhaust and bigger cams just messed up the idle.

With our tiny turbos and restrictive down pipes, you have a point but I still expect a properly designed intake and exhaust with a tune designed for them will deliver more power than a tune alone.
  14. COBB

COBB Active Member

Accesstuner will be coming very soon!

And as far as we know, there is no issue with the 93 map. Peletonracer2 went to our COBB Plano location and had expected results with the 91 and 93 mapping on his car using 93 octane fuel:

ronnie karlen and __V__ like this.
  15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Apologies on that, COBB. I must've misunderstood what I thought he (and others) said.
  16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Great news :) on the AT
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  17. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

WOW - is that gain on an otherwise stock car?
  18. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I believe that Cobb Stage 1 is a replacement air filter. Otherwise stock.
  19. COBB

COBB Active Member

It has an upgraded panel filter, but otherwise all stock!

20. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Is the filter a dry or oil filter?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    COBB likes this.
  21. COBB

COBB Active Member

Oiled filter. In our experience, they perform better.