FYI - Ford offering Focus ST calibration tool!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by MonsterST, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Irsinn

Irsinn New Member

FWIW...

I installed the Cobb Stage 1 yesterday and am running the 91 octane map. VP Racing 100 Unleaded is sold at the pump nearby, I may do some blending and run the 93. So far I'm pretty pleased with the results. Waiting for the filter to come.

It works for me. I'm not planning on building a race car, just want something fun to drive and surprise a few people in the process...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    Firesail likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mongoose221

mongoose221 Member

I'm just going to throw this out there...
    The Ford racing "dyno" is showing almost 300tq in stock form. Most stock fost dynos I see are more like 260tq.
    Looks like ford racing is giving crank #s, which means that 90tq gain is probably 60 tq at the wheels after driveline loss

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but it seems too high a gain

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Depends on the number you use to estimate drivetrain loss, I always go with an estimated 15% which would be a 76lb.ft. gain at the wheels based on a 90lb.ft. gain at the crank.

5. mongoose221

mongoose221 Member

Yeah true. My napkin math was off, I was tired lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Steve@Tasca likes this.
  6. BostonDriver

BostonDriver Member

Has Cobb or Mountune considered running colder plugs along with the Fist tunes like Ford is doing with their tune?

7. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

It's not required with our calibrations. If you run a colder plug it will be fine, though. Just might be SLIGHTLY less power.