Gas milage

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WScottCross, Feb 4, 2014.

1. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I know none of us bought the ST for the gas milage, but the car is certainly capable of great milage. I took mine on a 500 mile trip for business and I go 37.7 MPG for the first 381 miles of the trip. That's not the dash display but doing the math. I have 40.2 displayed for the last 120 miles of the trip and the car really loves cruising. This was doing 60-65 MPH with some slower traffic due to the snow yesterday in the Northeast.

Also, I spent 10.5 hours in the recaro seats and was totally comfortable the whole way!

So glad I upgraded to this car!

spangenb, RKTFiST, RodMoe and 3 others like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

So glad you did too :)

4. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Here in the Bay Area with spirited driving just broke 30 mpg. 40 seems high but congrats!

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Well this last weekend was spent at a Track Day and I only got about 20 MPG.
    But it was worth every penny.

Dave

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Wow that's not bad over all ..

7. frismanis

frismanis Member

After 4 tanks I'm averaging 25.8 mpg. I installed the Cobb Economy tune this tank, and it is up to a whopping 26.9 mpg. lol. Houston rush hour sucks.

8. RavynX

RavynX Member

lol, 20mpg on the track is awesome. I got 9mpg in my '06 S2000 and 12mpg in my '00 Miata.

9. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

I'm getting between 27-30 mpg in the big ole city of Toronto... Stop and go traffic sucks

10. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

About 24.8 last I checked, in city commute driving.

11. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

:) Same city same mileage. In 2 fillups had 24.8 and 25.0 actual mpg. Computer was 25.0 and 25.7.
    Unfortunately the avg speed is about 28 mph so lots of gas burning down time.

One thing I haven't found (because I'm not a data geek like the rest of you) is a second trip distance/mpg meter.
    Is there some other button other than the stalk? I haven't had a vehicle without 2 trip meters in years...

Oh yeah and I have found no functional difference in my wife's Focus Sync and the Fiesta's Ford Touch other than the pretty colors.

12. eRic

eRic Active Member

40.1 mpg. in winter. on 93 octane...
    [​IMG]

Chris, OxWhiteFiST92 and jimlau like this.
  13. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I definitely did include mileage as a big part of my buying decision. The FoST fell quite short of my magic number 30mpg combined. Here in winter on the econo tune I hover right around 30. I am sure that summer plus 93 octane will yield a solid 10% improvement over that in conservative driving. Keeping the foot out of the boost is the challenge :)

14. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I doubt I'll ever be able to manage 30 mpg average. Too much of my driving is city driving, and, on top of that, my FiST came with the requirement that I "put my foot in it" (the boost, that is) at regular intervals. :whistling:

Smokin, OxWhiteFiST92 and Kap like this.
  15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I don't know of any other on board trip computer; I too thought it odd there was only one, but there it is.

My ave speed is only 23 mph; like you said, lots of gas-burning with no movement.

16. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

19-22mpg for the daily commute both ways.
    avg on odometer reads... 18 MPH. Yay Vancouver traffic.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Noah likes this.
  17. Kap

Kap Member

Ah, that's part of the complimentary "Performance Package" that Ford includes with every ST they sell! ;)

18. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I'm averaging a touch over 27 mpg, mostly city, in the DC Metro area. My 2003 Protege managed about 23mpg.

19. takuarc

takuarc Member

Around 27mpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

30 mpg last tank 91 oct tune best winter blend I can find 91-93 octane

21. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

33.9 mpg last fill up 31mpg combined adverage