Gas milage

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WScottCross, Feb 4, 2014.

1. limbo

limbo Active Member

Dave, push harder.

My s2k gets <10mpg at the track. I agree that it's worth every penny. ;)
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. geoff

geoff New Member

Averaging 15 mpg in my Evo for some in town driving and a little bit of highway. And I am not really even getting on it. Im jealous of everyone that gets 30+
    spangenb likes this.
  4. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

1100 miles and averaged 22.4 mpg....I don't even attempt to go for mpg, so I don't care either way.
  5. Paul

Paul Member

13k mi on the odometer and I average 27-30mpg, mixed city and highway. I admit, I peek at the mpg every so often, and it only affects my driving if I dip near the 26mpg mark. I used to drive a WRX, you'd think I'd be elated and just content with anything over 20mpg. If you give a mouse a cookie...
    quiznos, Firesail and spangenb like this.
  6. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Just drove to L.A. and back to Oakland and put almost 800 miles on my ST in two days. My average MPH was 68, but I was usually cruising around 75 on I5. I averaged 33.5 for the trip, including going over the Grapevine.
    Chris, Firesail and spangenb like this.
  7. smatty

smatty Member

I've done four tanks without resetting the mpgs and I'm currently at 28.5ish. I probably do 30/40/30 (city/hwy/fun). The fun category is for spirited night drives on back roads. I know I can get 36+ on hwy if I pull hypermile tricks but I normally get 30 at 70-80.
  8. dridge11

dridge11 New Member

Hey all, first post here. I've owned a LOT of cars, most of them geared toward fun. My last car purchase was to be practical and save a bunch of money so I picked up a 2012 Honda Fit Sport...other than the lack of power, I cannot say enough good things about this car. I think the EPA estimates on it were 26/34. I live in Napa, CA and have some very efficient traffic situations around here. Not much congestion, all the "highways" are lower speed limit 55 or 60. I was averaging 35.5 in the Fit when I stay in Napa, more like 38.5 when I'm driving up and down the valley. Granted the temptation to punch the gas wasn't as great as a FiST will be.

Anyway, I'm trading the Fit in tomorrow and picking up a fully loaded Oxford White. The power is impressive, the ride is great (feels like a happy balance between my 09 WRX and 05 Evo) and on paper, the MPG numbers look as good as the Fit. I'm hoping that the FiST can make mid 30s average MPG for me in this driving environment so I can get about the same numbers but have twice the power when I want it.
    quiznos and spangenb like this.
  9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

2k miles here and 22.9 averaged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  10. quiznos

quiznos Member

1800 miles. 25.2

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  11. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

As expected, my milage has started to drop slowly since I put the tune in, but only because I can't keep my foot out of the boost. I also switched back to the 225 width tires, and started autocrossing again. My lifetime average is just under 31 now.
    Bavarian likes this.
  12. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

You guys are getting pretty good mileage. I'm only getting 6.9 (34 MPG) on my Fiesta SES. (Manual Transmission)
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  13. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

I'm getting 22.5 after 2k miles.
    Slowclimb likes this.
  14. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

That's probably where I'll end up. My saving grace is the 1000 mile round trip highway jaunts I've been doing every two weeks. Helps balance out the hooning!
  15. dridge11

dridge11 New Member

Well, I brought it home today, a little city, a little highway, and a couple hills to climb. Hit the driveway at 30mpg on the way home.
  16. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Wait until the break in period is over and you live in boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    WScottCross likes this.
  17. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

This is 100% my problem, after that first oil change at 1000 miles I've just been on it ALL the time. Its too much fun to drive it worried about MPG.
  18. bryramos

bryramos Member

25.7 and just passed 2k
  19. StokeSmack

StokeSmack New Member

At 1800 miles mixed hwy/city getting 30 MGP according to computer (w/hwy speeds 80-85); dont flog it much but I try to when I can....
  20. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

The computer is not accurate. Don't believe it. The only way to KNOW is to keep track of mileage traveled divided by fuel in. I use and Android app "FuelLog" to keep track. Not only do I track fuel, but every other expense, including payments, insurance, and all maintenance costs and dates.
  21. smatty

smatty Member

How off could it possibly be??