Global window up/down?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Joe Schmoe, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Member

Can't get this to work. I've tried using the fob and using the access button on the door handle. The reference to "setting the memory on pg. 72" doesn't exist. If it's trying to reference the process for setting the bounceback function, I've done that and no change. Auto driver's side window up and down works from the button in the car, though. Any ideas? From the manual:

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. JustinP

JustinP Member

My understanding, just from reading this and other forums, is that you would need one touch up/down for all the windows, like the non US market cars have. I was disappointed I couldn't get mine to work either.

4. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Notice in parentheses, If Equipped. Ours unfortunately are not.:(

5. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I wonder what's involved in installing this feature.
    On my old Ranger, auto-down for the passenger window only needed a relay installed in the door.

6. JustinP

JustinP Member

I'm curious if it would only require a flash to the computer, I found a guy on some forum with a very third party program, that allowed him to flash his own computer in his focus, maybe ST, I can't remember. But it enabled global opening/closing. I wish someone on the "inside" could shed some light onto why the US market doesn't have the feature.

7. Johnco1972

Johnco1972 New Member

Had anyone found more info on this? Global down and one-touch up on driver and passenger window is very convenient.

8. Dan

Dan New Member

Enabled this today. For the UK guys this should work, not sure on the US ones, let me know. Double press unlock, wait like half a second and hold unlock and the windows should go down. Same for locking, double tap lock then wait half a second and hold lock.

If it doesn't work you'll need to enable them, whilst out the car, press the lock button, wait a second and then hold down the lock and unlock buttons together, lights should flash or the indicator lights then again after 5 seconds. After this, try what I previously stated.

9. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

Doesn't work on the US cars, at least not on my ST... They also don't have the one-touch feature on the passenger side, only driver side front.

10. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Member

I tried it and while the first step worked, the 2nd step didn't. So, now the question is what did I turn on or off by doing step one?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  11. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

By "lock" and "unlock", I assume that you mean the UP & DOWN window buttons?

(To me, lock & unlock would refer to the doors).

12. Dan

Dan New Member

Joe - First paragraph wasn't a step, it was a test to see if it was already enabled.

Reddog99, on the key fob.

I'll write it again now I'm at my PC.

To actually use the Global window up/down:
    - down, double tap unlock on the fob, wait like a millisecond then hold unlock so 'tap tap ..... hold'
    - up, same as above but the lock button on the fob

IF it doesn't work, like mine didn't you enable it by hold the lock and unlock buttons on your fob for 5 seconds, lights should flash, for me this enabled global locking/unlocking, it also enabled double unlock so if I press unlock on the fob once then only the drivers side unlocks but if I press it twice then everything else unlocks.

This has been the way to enable it on most Fords (at least in the UK) for what I am certain of, 8 years and usually charge £25 at the dealer to do it for you.