Gotham

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WScottCross, Aug 29, 2014.

1. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

What's everyone think about the new series starting up next month. I'm looking forward to it, I hope they do justice to the DC legacy. The trailers look pretty good.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

I'm excited, but like you say, I just hope they do it right.

It would be awesome if they brought on some previous Batman writers like Paul Dini, Jeph Loeb, and Grant Morrison to name a few to guest write episodes.

I'm also excited for Flash this year.

4. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

I'm a big fan of the lead from his role in southland and I'm a huge batman nerd. DC seems to do TV well compared to marvel. Marvel however is really good at movies.

5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

So, now that a few episodes have aired, what does everyone think?

6. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

My wife and I watched a few episodes and then gave up. A little too violent and frankly somewhat boring. My neighbor says he likes to see the characters developing like The Penguin and Catwoman but I suspect the series will be cancelled before they fully "arrive".

It seems like Network TV is trying to recruit viewers by getting increasingly violent and bloody with shows like The Following, Walking Dead and even Criminal Minds. Can't they be entertaining without being so graphic? Maybe I'm just old school but that's my 2 cents worth. We also quit watching The Following after so many episodes. It was just too dark and gory.