GS Brake Pads anyone?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by limbo, Aug 12, 2014.

1. limbo

limbo Active Member

Anyone running any aftermarket pads in GS? Care to comment on your setup and comparison to stock pads?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Good question...also, which pads are even available for the front brakes?

4. conevadr

conevadr New Member

I would love to know if more aggressive brake pads would help the e-diff efficiency.

George M

5. CrookedRacer

CrookedRacer Active Member

The only ones I've heard of are porterfield. They offer the R4-S compound, but I don't know if it is any more aggressive than stock. I'll bet anything would be less dusty, though!

LT Berzerker likes this.
  6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I can Honestly say after having the Porterfeild R4S pads on for a week or two and doing some all around driving with some bedding and testing stopping (lonley flat road in daylight) These pads for me are AS good as factory and have a very low dust factor to the point I have about a days worth of dust on the wheels after almost two weeks they still look Rado Grey not charcoal colored.. If you only get the fronts it is still a good deal as less mess and as good of stopping and I think they are quieter too no grinding sounds cold or that first stop after they sat for a while ..
    A++ on R4S pads for the Street...

LT Berzerker, jimclark and Firesail like this.
  7. limbo

limbo Active Member

I'm considering giving those a go. Any comment on how they modulate in comparison to the stock pads? The stock pads have great bite but I don't find them all that responsive to modulation of the brake pedal during hard braking.

8. limbo

limbo Active Member

I ordered the Porterfield R4-s for just the front. Only $80 + shipping I figure they're worth a shot.

9. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Where'd you get them?

10. limbo

limbo Active Member

11. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

How'd you get them so cheap?

12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

That is cheap for R4S that with a Vet and SCCA discounts ?? Good For you BTW I really like the Porterfield good feel and somewhat less dust and ZERO noise so far ..

13. limbo

limbo Active Member

Good to know! Just the scca discount.

14. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I haven't swapped pads yet, but with 10k miles and 10 autocrosses, my pedal is definitely more spongy than it used to be. A bleed job is in my near future.