Gutting The Fiesta ST. Anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by Sargine, Apr 17, 2014.

1. wash

wash Active Member

The Mustang Recaro is just different, the back has an integrated head rest and harness slots, kind of like a real racing bucket but they recline so not really.

I think it might be a little wider which would make things more comfortable for me.

FRPP sells the seat but my original plan was to buy an ST with sport seats and upgrade when I find someone parting out a wrecked Mustang.

As far as strength goes, I'm sure its impressive but its a narrow car and there isn't much crush space in the side. If I get t-boned by an idiot driving a 6,000 lb SUV, I want that side airbag...
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

Thanks, I actually might sell my stock Recaro front and rear seats and get some Pole Positions, I have sliders, just need side mounts. I would look for used ones and recover them to match the car better. I have the back seat out waiting to be wrapped and stored. 293 miles on the drivers seat, 4 miles on the rest.

If I could get a great price for them that is:)
  4. quiznos

quiznos Member

Are they the orange ones? How much are you looking for?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  5. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

Gray and not sure but not cheap:)

The $2k option price included a couple of other things but also stock seats, buying seats of this quality would be far more money in the aftermarket price world.

It would cost me at least that much to switch to lighter seats and get them upholstered, if I find used seats to work with so I have to get a decent price for these to make if viable.

Shipping would be quite a bit as well, I am in Utah.
  6. Firesail likes this.
  7. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

Done that a few times, fun stuff:)