Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Have You Been Pulled Over?

8K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  CanadianMark 
#1 ·
Ok, only in your FiST.
Have you been pulled over by law enforcement?

Going to work this morning at about 3:00 AM, I got pulled over for speeding (yes I was)..
I was in an area that is frequently used by street racers.

Fortunately I was not given a ticket.
It must have been my charm.

Dave

#5 ·
Not at all. A nice change. Always pulled over in the Camaro to harass me. . Usually without ticket. Always pulled over in the raptor so they could ask me about it. Haven't been pulled over in the st yet. Waved by or ignored. I worried the green might draw the wrong attention. But I think drawing attention from people who don't know what it is... it's just another fuel efficient tiny green car to the unsuspecting.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: LuvfiestaST
#11 ·
Me too, all I can think of is that to some people it looks like a Mazda 2 or a regular fiesta from previous years. St's aren't common knowledge and I can't think of anything else small green and quick. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I made sure to get a Valentine One before I picked up the FiST. They have a bluetooth thingy so I can run the detector in "dark mode" with the display on my phone which I mount at the base of the center stack. I've routed the wire tucked into the headliner and side trim with the detector itself on the visor, almost invisible. Ingot Silver picked specifically to blend into traffic and NOT be easily noticed or tracked.

#14 ·
They're legal here too, BUT.. if an officer sees one when he pulls you over, there is little chance of a warning. He will figure you are a scofflaw and hit you with the biggest fine possible. Keeping it discreet also helps in keeping other drivers from using you as a "rabbit".

#15 ·
Radar detectors although legal are useless in my area.
Law enforcement here uses lasers now.
Once you are hit with laser it is too late.

Anyway they are even more tricky.
I was followed by an unmarked car until a marked patrol car could swoop in and make the stop.

Dave

#17 ·
Smokin and I haunt some of the same areas, and even though I'm driving a Race Red FiST, by driving with the flow of things (at least most of the time), and letting the nice patrolman see my fedora, spectacles, sport coat, and such I've been pretty much ignored, AFAICT. I look like a middle aged school teacher. Which I am. Except when I'm not. :angel:

#23 ·
Ok, only in your FiST.
Have you been pulled over by law enforcement?

Going to work this morning at about 3:00 AM, I got pulled over for speeding (yes I was)..
I was in an area that is frequently used by street racers.

Fortunately I was not given a ticket.
It must have been my charm.

Dave
Lucky you. I just got a speeding ticket.

I'm doing a Trial By Declaration.

#24 ·
I think I know why only a few of you have gotten tickets...

All of the officers were too busy pulling me over! :p

Instead of going the inconspicuous route, I went in the opposite direction; Molten Orange, orange wheels, and the MRT exhaust (which is even louder than the YouTube videos make it seem.)

Add in the fact that I'm young and look like I should be starting high school any day, in the 5 short months I've had the ST, I've collected 9 tickets! :eek:

9 tickets in 5 months!

That either means, I have terrible luck, the ST is just too much fun to drive, or that I stopped maturing at 8 years old.

My Vote?

All of the above! :D

#25 ·
Yup, got pulled in a speed trap just before Christmas. First ticket in more than twenty years. But I happily paid the $98.00 fine !

Reactions: Smokin
#28 ·
I think the officers went easy on me when they saw I'm only 8. A couple of them were only for 5 over, and a few times the officers were kind enough to write the tickets for things like impeding traffic and no proof of insurance --both of which carry no points.

The ST is like a giant orange puppy; it is my energetic partner in mischief.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.