Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Actually there was only silver, orange, blue, and black there as far as the Fiestas go. There was a white Focus ST sitting up near the front in a fenced in area or I would have gotten better pictures of it. They didn't even have a Fiesta sitting around to look at which I was bummed about or I would have gotten more pictures of it. I drove the silver one first, then went back through line to drive the orange one. I was going to drive the Focus too, but we could only go through twice so I decided to use both my runs with the Fiesta since that's what I want anyway.

Here's a video I found of the Dallas event from someone else driving a Fiesta. I was actually there at the time of the video I'm in the background at about 2:55. :p This guy drove a bit slower than I did.

After watching the video again I did see the white Fiesta Titanium they had driving around behind the fence as well. It wasn't an ST and they weren't really showing it off so I'm not sure why it was there.

I was at the event from about 12 to almost 4. I too was bummed they didn't have a Fiesta out for people to just look over, so I just went up to the guys running the autocross and asked to walk around one and they let me when it was in between sessions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I was at the event from about 12 to almost 4. I too was bummed they didn't have a Fiesta out for people to just look over, so I just went up to the guys running the autocross and asked to walk around one and they let me when it was in between sessions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
I attended the Chicago event several months ago and reported on it in an FF post. In retrospect, given the fact the event was managed by a contracted-by-Ford marketing group, it would have been great if each event had a Fiesta Movement agent there with an ST for discussion and feedback (BRGt350: you should bring that idea up when you summarize your experience with Ford).

Yes the 93 degree no fan situation did have a lot to do with it. But I'm referring to how poorly organized the event was managed. I showed up exactly at my designated time and immediately learned that following the rules wasn't the way to go. There were people in the line bragging they Fiesta 3 times already. After 45 minutes in that "Unemployment Line from Hell" I gave up and left. Thanks amathophobia for the 411 on Greenway Ford. When I contacted them on Friday they said they still hadn't got one.

. But I'm referring to how poorly organized the event was managed. I showed up exactly at my designated time and immediately learned that following the rules wasn't the way to go. There were people in the line bragging they Fiesta 3 times already. After 45 minutes in that "Unemployment Line from Hell" I gave up and left. .
This and the Fact my dealer should get one in my color this week and mine is waiting to board a train in good old Mexico I don't see the point of driving 3 hrs to stand in line do drive a car I already bought... my time is at 1pm so and I was thinking of getting there (Twin Cities) around 10 just to be early.. So If anyone is going to the one at Canterberry Park there will be a slot open at 1 pm enjoy ... and post up with pics the weather looks good

I'm going this Saturday and I'm showing up early. To be honest, I may end up owning a FiST by then, so I'm not sure what the point would be. Are there any prizes for being the fastest?

Seems the Dallas event was the least crowded. Literally the longest I had to wait was somewhere around 10 minutes and that wasn't early in the morning. I was there from 11-2ish. I stuck around for a little while just watching and there still wasn't that many people. Maybe if they gave more goes around the track the line would be longer but I still would have stuck around. I thought it was fun. What I would have given for 93 degrees...the Fiesta's temperature reading was 105.

The point of going after already owning the Fiesta ST is to be able to actually rag a Fiesta ST around a track without having to use your car to do it. I should have taken a picture of it, but there was a line of parked Focus STs in the parking lot that weren't part of the event, the owners of the cars probably came to drive the Focus around in a track environment without having to tear up their tires. If I was buying my Fiesta ST now and it arrived before the event, I would have still driven up there to do it. Personally I had fun running the Fusion, F-150, and Escape as well as the 3 competitor cars and although I don't care for hypermileing or hybrids, that part of the event was still neat.

Good Point Si3nt611 :) Though I will save the gas money and put it towards getting a room in Salt Lake City for Fords ST drivers school at Miller Motorsports Park there I can flog both with room on track to let them sing and have proper instruction.. Sure it will cost more I'm thinking it will be worth it based on the timing will be Spring right before Cone season opens and after the lakes thaw ...

If it wasn't too out of your way go for it. If it's a couple hours to get to it then it's worth it to me. Anymore than that, probably not. I drove 1.5 hours one way to it and then I met up with friends in town afterward. Even without meeting up with friends I would have gone.

Meh:yawn: Just don't see the need to invest that much time for a test drive when I can now go to my dealer and get a real world flavor of the car. Plus other more important things have come up. Glad it was fun for you and thanks for sharing but I'll wait for Spring to wring these cars out on a proper track. And enjoy mine when it shows up..

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.