Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
I had a blast at the ecoboost challenge. It was well worth the hours drive and standing in the heat. I was stoked just to drive the FiST considering that was my first chance to do so because no dealers in the area had one until the next day. Also I got to beat on someone else's car on an autocross track. I would have driven an hour to do that even if it was driving a Volvo station wagon.

Well After taking the dealers PB no Option FiST for a drive today I can say for sure I am going to be happy with my car when it shows up though the seats were flat and ok for the lil bit we did today im sure the Recaros with be just as good in not better... but OMG the torque this lil thing has I know I wont miss my FRS when stepping on the gas below 3000 rpm it just pulls for a small car .. and makes really cool noises. I wont need to drive the FoST to compare as I have already been in one so ill save the cash for some Hi test gas when my ride gets here ... Dang if you are near the "Cities" and have the time go and Drive this FiST it is a HOOT.....

Is that the one in Wausau. If so...DON'T BE PUTTING A BUNCH OF MILES ON MY CAR!! :p

I'm likely going to have that one transferred to Minneapolis.

Well After taking the dealers PB no Option FiST for a drive today I can say for sure I am going to be happy with my car when it shows up though the seats were flat and ok for the lil bit we did today im sure the Recaros with be just as good in not better... but OMG the torque this lil thing has I know I wont miss my FRS when stepping on the gas below 3000 rpm it just pulls for a small car .. and makes really cool noises. I wont need to drive the FoST to compare as I have already been in one so ill save the cash for some Hi test gas when my ride gets here ... Dang if you are near the "Cities" and have the time go and Drive this FiST it is a HOOT.....

Yes it is. Its a nice one too... I was very nice to it as I had the sale guy along and my son so I took it cool plus it wasn't mine so I didn't feel a need to thrash it like a red haired step child... Not to pressure you but my sales guy said he had a few folks interested in test driving it already when I said i'ld be there Sat so I moved up me schedule to today just incase it gets sold or transferred .. Sweet fun lil car :angel:

I'm going down to my dealer tonight to finalize everything. I'm debating on the PB one in Wausau and TB one w/ moonroof local. I really don't want the moonroof but I want it faster :)

Thanks for the inside tip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

For everyone disappointed with your experience, try reading more.

Its no surprise that Ford blew it with allowing walk up participants and people scheduled late in the day have long waits.

I read about that back in July before I went.

That's why I scheduled the first time slot and arrived about an hour before that.

I got my driving in early before the tires and brakes were wasted, didn't have to do much waiting and had a good time.

Its a simple formula, go early: have a good time, go late: you have to wait.

Its a bad move by Ford because the sign up is at best pointless and at worst misleading but that doesn't have to ruin your day if you change your schedule.

Bottom line, you get four runs where you can drive as aggressively as you dare (unless you take out too many cones) in a car you don't own.

I'm sure the ST Octane Academy will be better but you have to buy a car for that. If you are on the fence, Ecoboost Challenge will let you see what the car can do if you drive like a total maniac. Its a lot of fun if you do it right.

Y
For everyone disappointed with your experience, try reading more.

Its no surprise that Ford blew it with allowing walk up participants and people scheduled late in the day have long waits.

I read about that back in July before I went.

That's why I scheduled the first time slot and arrived about an hour before that.

I got my driving in early before the tires and brakes were wasted, didn't have to do much waiting and had a good time.

Its a simple formula, go early: have a good time, go late: you have to wait.

Its a bad move by Ford because the sign up is at best pointless and at worst misleading but that doesn't have to ruin your day if you change your schedule.

Bottom line, you get four runs where you can drive as aggressively as you dare (unless you take out too many cones) in a car you don't own.

I'm sure the ST Octane Academy will be better but you have to buy a car for that. If you are on the fence, Ecoboost Challenge will let you see what the car can do if you drive like a total maniac. Its a lot of fun if you do it right.
You're absolutely right. I should of known better.

I think the main thing with signing up beforehand is that I only needed to give them my name instead of all my info when I got there. Signing up for a particular time slot probably just gave them a rough estimate of how many people might be there at that time. But the "Space is extremely limited" made it sound as if only people that signed up got to get in and once space ran out you'd not be able to sign up anymore. It is what it is. I'm glad the Dallas event wasn't nearly as packed as some of the others.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.