Heads up- Ford Racing Bilstein Coilovers $417 + shipping

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by moshaholic2, Jan 1, 2014.

1. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Steve @ TASCA has got a killer deal on these for anyone that is interested. $417 + shipping, email him through the forum. I placed my order yesterday.

H&R makes the springs for Bilstein (and Bilstein makes the shocks for H&R)

[​IMG]

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Wow, that is a fantastic deal. I don't even own a FiST yet, but I may jump on these for the price.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

4. JP6

JP6 Member

What kind of drop will you get from these?

5. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Well they're adjustable, so you could basically go as low as you want if you plan on slamming the car.

6. JP6

JP6 Member

Can someone tell me how to get ahold of Steve at TASCA? I want to put an order in.

7. joker96

joker96 Member

Damn thats a very good price

8. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

9. joker96

joker96 Member

Ive never owned coilovers but i know they are expensive. How is the ride quality on these? Is it stiffer than stock?

10. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

All coil overs are stiffer than stock, but the shocks and struts are generally much better as far as damping and rebound so the ride is usually better. That said, it can be rougher on crap surfaces. Reduced clearances due to lowering can be somewhat of an issue, but that depends on where you set the ride height. Coil overs come in different applications as well, street spec and race spec, the latter isn't something most people would want to run on anything but track surfaces.

11. JP6

JP6 Member

Are these street or race spec?

12. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

For $417, these are most likely Street spec.

13. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Most race spec coilovers will set you back $1200+

14. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Can you adjust camber and damper on these?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

15. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

These are not adjustable for rebound or compression. It is, however, a tailored performance setup purpose-built for this exact car.

You'd get much improved handling for spirited or track driving. You do not get the benefit of being able to relax the settings for improved street ride comfort.

You have the ability to adjust camber by playing with alignment in the slot, though I don't think you can go as far as the BCs (which seem to allow way more than you would want on the street!).

This is only a backup plan for me. I want both ride comfort and performance! Bilstein is awesome quality and a great value. I'm going for the BCs! :)

16. stuntdoogie

BC sound like my coils....

17. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Unless youre going to be running ALOT of track days. A fixed rate damper will be fine. This is considered Fords auto-x kit.

The rates are ~100lbs more front and rear than stock ST rates and will have better rebound control than stock w/ the obvious ability to adjust your height.

Street, auto-x and the occasional track day.... This is a good set up.

If you are planing on running race tires or running auto-x nationals, I'd go with the BC's.

Ive run plenty of compression/rebound adjustable shocks before. And found Id set them once then never touch the settings again. These can be revalved if needed too.

18. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I find that I dial in a nice comfort setting and a nice high speed setting and call it good.

Further, I have no illusions of greatness -- I just want ride comfort for the street and track worthiness when needed. :). That's the appeal of adjustability for me.

19. JP6

JP6 Member

I'm in the same boat moshaholic, I think these will work great for me. Btw mosh, we need to get a meet up here in utah. There's a few other FiSTs around that want to meet up .

20. eRic

eRic Active Member

Here is a link to info from Ford Racing
    http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12994
    I had this Bilstein autocross suspension kit on my 2011 Fiesta that I drove daily in addition to autocross and open tracking. The spring rates are 275 lbs/in front and 230 lbs/in rear. Of course my used set for sale has to complete with this price drop. They retailed for $993 when I got mine. D'oh!

21. stuntdoogie

This low price is definitely tempting...group buy anyone? Lol