Heads up- Ford Racing Bilstein Coilovers $417 + shipping

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by moshaholic2, Jan 1, 2014.

1. wash

wash Active Member

Are there any part numbers?

The price is tempting but I would like to know exactly what I'm going to get.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

are these rebuildable?

4. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

5. wash

wash Active Member

I'm going to have to look at my FRPP catalog to see if there is more detail.

Bilstein says their struts are designed for a 30-50mm drop but that's compared to a standard Fiesta, while the ST is lowered 15mm stock, that might make it more like 15-35mm drop.

It looks like it uses the standard spring seat at the front but I would like to see installation instructions to confirm.

This seems like it might be good for racing if you buy two sets so you can have spares and send in one set for a re-valve without parking your car while you wait on Bilstein. The price might be good enough to do that without hurting your bank account too much.

6. moshaholic2

35mm or so sounds about right. That is what the H&R springs will lower an ST.

I was originally thinking about just getting those but they will likely overpower the rebound of the stock struts/shocks.

This combo is the cheapest out there for a high quality matched set up that can be custom valved w/ lifetime warranty if desired.

To anyone that has seen the FSWerks SEMA FiST, these are like the H&R coilovers that they used. That will give you an idea of how low one can adjust them.

7. JP6

JP6 Member

Sounds like a solid package, I'll be putting my order in as soon as I hear back from Steve. I'm starting to have too many parts for a car that hasn't even been delivered yet lol.

8. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

I haven't even placed an order for the car yet, and I'm considering these lol.

captainmorbid likes this.
  9. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Hey guys, just so you know. Ford Racing is dropping this kit and I just ordered the last four sets this morning.

One set is spoken for so that leaves three, $417.00 plus shipping. First come, first served.

-Steve

10. stuntdoogie

Im in for a set!
    As long as they fit the ST perfectly, im in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

11. Steve@Tasca

Well, I have bad news. I just got off the phone with the guys at Ford Racing and these do NOT fit the ST.

Different knuckles.

Glad I checked on this before anyone got a set.

-Steve

12. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Gaah! That's crappy, but thanks for the heads up.

Please keep an eye out for a set of shocks designed for the ST. I've got a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

13. stuntdoogie

Aww damn!

14. moshaholic2

Yup. Bummer about the knuckles fitment. We knew it had different ones, but the strut diameter must have changed? I'd wager they do fit as the knuckle change was a camber and bump steer change like w/ the SVT Focus. But, I dont want to be the guinea pig so my order has been cancelled.

So at the moment the BC's seem to be the only choice.

I wonder how fswerks ran the H&R's. Because the strut bodies are the same (so in reality the Bilsteins should fit too)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Maybe they did like some have to do when they want to run Koni Yellows where they cut up the stock mounts and slide the new straut/shock cartridge into the old mount and reuse.. I think i have seen this in a FoST thread someplace... Here it Is Koni Double adjustables

ronnie karlen likes this.
  16. moshaholic2

Wow, that is some impressive work!

Been looking around all day trying to compare pictures etc of parts from various manufacturers. Pumaspeed shows that ALL their coilovers offered also fit all the mk7 Fiesta's including the ST. They do have a *different* ST Bilstein listing that says they worked with Bilstein to upgraded the valving.

But that indicates that all mk7 struts should be interchangeable with our ST's.

17. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

So these are base Fiesta fitment? I think that means they'll also fit a Mazda 2, I used to have one and they share a lot of parts. Equivalent Bilsteins for the 2 go for 800, I should go tip the guys on my old forum off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

18. moshaholic2

Do that only after we really find out if they fit or not ;)

19. stuntdoogie

Too late steve already advertised on the faction forum.

Steve@Tasca likes this.
  20. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I was going to measure the strut bolt pattern and mounting clevis width of the ST and compare them to the non ST Fiesta. I was getting too much heat from marketing after taking the wheels off the ST, so I decided against it. :(

21. Steve@Tasca

Heat from who, what?