Heated Seats Question

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by COBB, Jan 29, 2014.

1. COBB

COBB Active Member

The heated seats in my Fiesta ST get really warm, then seem to get cooler. If I turn them off then back on, they will do the same pattern again. I haven't really tried a long enough trip to see if they get really warm, then slightly warm, then really warm again and I haven't had enough time with our SEMA FiST to compare. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Ian

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yeah, they seem to get hot quickly, then taper off and hold that for a long time. Usually by then I have turned them off since the regular heat has started to warm the cabin. I also never tried leaving them on for a long period of time.

4. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I left them on recently and they definitely cycle on and off. It seemed to be that they got warm when I was punching it. I'm pretty sure that was my imagination! Maybe the heater coils are powered by the turbo, yeah that's it! o_O

Firesail likes this.
  5. frismanis

frismanis Member

They cycle. Hot, then heating element turns off, after a while they'll kick back on, off.

6. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Yup.

7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I also concur

8. COBB

COBB Active Member

Hooray! You have all appeased my new car paranoia syndrome ;)

Ian

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes it is about a 5 min cycle or so about the time you get sweaty they turn off and you freeze .. What a great feature eh :) LOL j/k on the freeze part ..

10. Papi4baby

Papi4baby Member

Not sure if is the same stuff ford puts on the F150s but for some reason they took a while to break in.

Was barely warn during the first or so dozen uses, then it got nice and toasty.

11. WScottCross

Not mine. They were quite toasty the first time I turned them on.

12. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Mine get extremely hot to where I have to turn it off cause I feel like my butt's on fire lol

13. WScottCross

I thought that at first too. I think I've gotten more used to it, because I leave them on alot longer now.

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Bout the same on warm days like above zero it get hot and on a winter day below zero they are just right and this year they have been right more than not.. ;)

15. I really wish they would have just put the same ones in as on the Focus ST! I find the extreme hot to not warm enough annoying.

16. Jeff

Jeff New Member

Dont.... the Focus ST seats always were "not warm enough". Barely heated up on setting 5

17. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Oh no.... this is bad..... you've got the.... AP induced heat irregularity syndrome!! I heard it blows cars up if left unresolved for too long.

I am pretty sure that giving me your AccessPort is the only way to resolve this issue.

I would gladly relieve you of such a burden. I would do that for you.

Just throwing that out there. :troll:

COBB likes this.