Hel Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by was-an-M, Mar 25, 2014.

1. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

Has anyone ordered these for their ST? I bought them from Hel and selected the lines for the Mk7 ST. When I got them I was surprised to see that one set of lines has banjo bolts which I assume would be for the rears on a drum brake setup, but in peering thru the wheels it looks like all 4 corners are traditional threaded attachments.

Am I missing something or did they send me the wrong thing?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have these hoses on my car.
    The front calipers use banjo fittings on the rear of the caliper.

4. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

On Dave's recommendation, I bought them too (though mine are merely clearcoat over stainless). High quality lines! I'll have them on the car for this Saturday at Big Willow.
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

So will I ;)

6. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

I too went orange. Thanks for the info. Glad I found out they were the right ones before I called Hel and sounded like an idiot.
  7. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

The SS lines were fine at Big Willow. No brake fade after repeatedly hauling the car down from speed. My external GPS confirmed 118 MPH into turn one, and near 100 enough to stress the brakes, throughout the entire session.

For 3/29 Big Willow, my combo was Hel lines, Motul 600, and fresh OEM pads. I'll have Porterfield R4 for my next track day.
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Good to hear ;)
    ronnie karlen likes this.