Hennessey Tune making 235 hp / 255 TQ?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Noah, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Noah

Noah Member

I have not seen any information on this, but Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire posted on reddit today that he is planning on getting a Hennessey tune that will costs around 1000-1500$ and produce 235Hp and 255 Torque. Has anyone heard about this? I saw this information and my jaw dropped. Heres the link to the original post: http://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...hallenge_bmw_e46_m3_vs_ford_fiesta_st/cek0kq5
    Here is a picture for those too lazy to click the link: Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 10.35.19 PM.png What do you think about this? Would you get it? Do you think this is for real?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

19% gain from an intake and tune? Show me the dyno results. He says "should", which sounds like speculation to me. Let's wait for the proof.

Would I spend the money if it's real? Yep.

4. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

That seems to be a healthy gain for intake and tune. Hennessey does seem to make magic with engines, so perhaps it is true. I do think there are more parts than a tune and intake to get those gains.

5. brian

brian Member

6. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

7. Monochrome

Monochrome Member

Bet you guys a taco that these estimates are at the flywheel, not the wheels.

Bavarian and COBB like this.
  8. Steve@Tasca

The FS Werks Focus ST numbers are at the wheels.

9. Monochrome

Monochrome Member

Talking about the Hennessy numbers.

10. Bavarian

Bavarian Member

Both then at the wheels?

Also, Who is "Sixtronic" in the reddit thread? There was never a production E46 M3 sedan. They only came in the coupe and convertible.

11. Steve@Tasca

We shall see, we are talking about tweaking and tuning a boosted engine though so it's well within the realm of possibility that they could hit those numbers at the wheels.

12. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

at the wheels?

i doubt the stock turbo can do that. slightly larger turbo perhaps. everything i have been able to find indicate the stock turbo is running close to max. you want reliable power increase you're gonna need slightly bigger turbo, with a downpipe, turbo back exhaust and probably a slightly bigger intercooler and a tune. with that you should approach 250 at the wheels with good gas assuming the fuel system can keep up. figure 3,000 cost or thereabouts (turbo, downpipe, intercooler, turbo back, tune).

13. Steve@Tasca

Like I said, we shall see.

Edit- Just looked fror dyno numbers and Edmunds came right up on Youtube, they said it was very consistent and made more torque at the wheels than Ford advertises at the crank.

184hp and 221lb.ft

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  14. Steve@Tasca

Another, 188hp and 223 lb ft.

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Nice and as always like someone said "HP sells" "Torque moves the world" I'll take a Fun FAT Torque Curve anyday over a car that makes 200 hp at 7400 and only has 151 ft lbs of yank.... hmmmm LOL

Firesail likes this.