HID Kits

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by OxWhiteFiST92, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Purepump

Purepump Member

Could be due to more complex issues such as supplier agreements of the various parts having to reach a certain quantities, regional demands and dealers' bargaining power etc. For us we dont have the choice of ST-1/ST-2 nor various optional kits. Ours came mendatory with dimming mirrors, keyless entry/ignition, illuminated door sills and Recaro buckets only in grey and full cloth trim only, painted calipers and rims etc. Get some loose some scenario.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

If I can't get HID or projectors, what would be the best replacement bulbs to use for the headlights where I can see better, and farther, than these whimpy yellowish stock bulbs we have standard? I swear, these seam only a touch above the old sealed beams of yore.
  4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I believe that moshaholic2 is correct.
    Use a high quality bulb but keep it in the 4000K range.
    As you go up in color temperature it will actually produce LESS light.
    This is because you are using less of the light spectrum.

5. sirhc

sirhc New Member

I know this is a little old but I upgraded my lights with the sylvania zxe and it was a huge difference. [​IMG][​IMG]
    pelotonracer2 likes this.
  6. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

They look nice man! Can you post a link?
  7. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Yes, a link.. .. or the exact sylvania numbers. I see H1LL bulbs listed as stock and H11 also depending upon whether its the High Beams or the Low Beams...
  8. Desmond

Desmond New Member

9. Desmond

Desmond New Member

Here is a picture of them upload_2013-12-16_19-2-48.png
  10. sirhc

sirhc New Member

[​IMG]they are just this no hid conversion. I won't do hid's unless I get some sort of projectors
  11. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

I've never had to work with lights before, how's the install process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Purepump

Purepump Member

Yup, my set of 5000k bulbs are not as bright as the stocks, which the selller had already made clear before my purchase was made.
  13. sirhc

sirhc New Member

It's not difficult just tight spaces. If you going to change the bulbs put on latex style gloves you skin oils will burn out the bulbs if you touch them accidentally . I'll take some time and make a write up this weekend
    aborbs87 likes this.
  14. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

Is the h11 for the high and low beam bulbs?
  15. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

H11= low
    H1 = High
    If you have big hands you may need to remove the lense to install bulbs. In my small hands case i did not. Wear latex gloves like sirhc said.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The headlight assy. comes out with only two screws and a scrivet.
    This takes all of about 3 minutes.
    This way you don't have to fight with it at all.

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  17. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

What are the bulbs used for the fog lights?
  18. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Same as the low beam.

19. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Definitely going to replace my low beams ASAP. I got spoiled having factory HIDs in my '03 Focus SVT and AFS HIDs in my MS3. I detest (that's a very strong but appropriate word) the lighting on this car. Probably the only real gripe I have about the FiST in stock form.
  20. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

And only a single cable unlike the 3 separate cables on the 2011-2013 Fiesta. I agree, headlight assy removal is very easy now. I had both mine out when I did the LED strips.
  21. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Replacing the bulbs was easy breezy. It took me about 10 minutes. I went with the Sylvania Ultra ZXE and they are a big improvement. They were expensive though... $64.99 at Autozone for the pair. Anyone have a suggestion for the driving/fog lamps? They are kind of yellow-ish... I'd like a whiter light in the driving/fogs as well.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013