Hit and Run

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Mikeygti, May 21, 2014.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Compliments of a taxi last night. I was parked in front of my condo.The f#$#$er took off without stopping. Fortunately my son witnessed the whole thing so he's busted.

Sil3nt611, moff3tt and RodMoe like this.
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Sorry for your pain but glad they got busted

5. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

I am fighting a similar battle with some lady who kindly bumped into my FiST in a parking lot. It didn't even have proper plates yet! :(

6. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

Bummer. Sucks man. Good that he got busted!
    At least it appears that damage is limited to the bumper. Worst case scenario just replace the entire bumper?

7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Fortunately the damage is relatively minor and limited to some scuffs on the plastic bumper cover. . Body shop figures it can be repaired and painted to look like new. I'm pushing for new parts but we'll see what the insurance company says.

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  8. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

It's sucks when you come out and see someone has done this.. I know from experience also.. It's not to noticeable but I know it's there.. Grrr

9. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Isn't near as bad as my two hits, both while parked in the parking lot at my apartment. I don't have an ST yet BTW. The first one was a hit and run, no note, banged up the entire driver's quarter panel. The second one was last week and they left a note so I am getting it fixed under their insurance, banged up the lower rear part of the same quarter panel and destroyed my rear bumper. I need a garage before I buy my ST. :p No one seems to care about other people's cars or fess up for the damage they did to yours so I don't want it to happen to a new car.

I hate it when people leave door dings too. I do everything I can to keep my door from hitting anyone's car, I even spilled a drink all over my car to stop my door from swinging into another car. Yet other people just don't care at all. I try to park away from other cars, but in an apartment complex that's kinda hard when parking is already so limited.

SpaceFish likes this.
  10. jariten

jariten Member

I'm on my third rear bumper. People like to hit the back of these things. At least the people who hit me stuck around though.

The body shop should replace the textured plastic piece, those don't repair well. The painted pieces should be fixable to new condition since they didn't get punched through. New ones would have to be painted anyway if you were to get them.

11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Pretty much what I'm expecting. Worst part of this whole experience is the jerk that hit me took off :mad:. Glad they were able to catch the #&@&@ :biglaugh:

12. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

I actually had a lady hit my car last month and she sat and waited for me to come back to my car so she could report the accident properly. Nice to know there is a few honest people out there. Glad that guy that hit yours will get busted though.

Mikeygti and LuvfiestaST like this.
  13. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

Ugh, the other person's insurance denied the claim. I hope yours goes better.