How do you do or should I say hi!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by Graham, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Graham

Graham New Member

I live in England and found this great site by accident. I have just bought a new ST3 in Spirit Blue and love it. My son sells Porsche and I didn't think he would be particularly impressed by a mere Ford but he was so I have put him on the insurance. I belong to the UK Ford Owners Club and some of you may like to join to see what we in the UK think of Fords.
    djdennehy likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

4. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Welcome to the site!
  5. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

6. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Don't be so formal. People on the left side of this country have a tendency to say "Howdy!"
    Easterners make fun of us...
  7. Graham

Graham New Member

Thanks all of you for the welcome. I should have just said Hi or Howdy then! In England I generally say Hi when I meet people but upper class folk (I am not one) generally say how do you do!!!!!! I would be interested to know roughly how many Fiesta ST owners there are in the states if anyone knows and I have been told you can buy a four door version - is that true? Thanks.
  8. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

They only come that way here.:( I would prefer the two door.
  9. Graham

Graham New Member

Thanks for that, they only sell a two door version here and some prospective buyers with a kid or two are put off by that!
  10. Kap

Kap Member

Welcome to the forum, Graham, and glad you're enjoying your new Fiesta! It's such a fun little car. :)

Regarding the number of doors, I've seen so many comments from Americans who want the sportier look and lighter weight of the 2-door, and so many comments from Europeans wanting the practicality of the 4-door. As they say, "The grass is always greener on the other side." ;)
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  11. Graham

Graham New Member

Thanks Kap - as you say, the grass is always etc. Yes, the car is great and not overly expensive considering its specifications. The list price of mine in the UK is just over £20,000 but I got it for about £18,000. I am not sure of the dollar equivalent but I imagine we have to part with similar amounts!