How long have you been waiting?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. JP6

JP6 Member

The knowledge that it's worth the wait is the only thing keeping me calm haha. I've been waiting a month and a half and still don't have a build date yet. Oh well.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Do you have a VIN and if so has your window sticker popped up yet ?? I found myself looking at my window sticker more than i care to admit till i got a build date :) And yes its worth the wait..

ronnie karlen and Smokin like this.
  4. JP6

JP6 Member

No, no vin yet

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Well don't worry it should be up soon and then your window sticker and then your build date and then they deliver Your new Car..

ronnie karlen likes this.
  6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Now to use and old cliché.

Next be prepared to enjoy the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Bring your Scotch Guard with you.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

Firesail, Smokin and LuvfiestaST like this.
  7. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I got mine late Thursday evening, 1/9. It had been sitting on a "dock" somewhere here in KC since 1/2. The dealer finally sent drivers to pick it up Thursday morning and it was already loaded on the truck. The truck arrived at 3 PM and I picked it up at 6. It had 9 miles on it.
    It was a cold, wet night and I drove like a granny in the 30 miles home along deer crossing alley!!
    With rain and ice on Friday it was tucked snuggly in the garage and I finally got it out Saturday to go play.

And I love it. My concerns over the 10 weeks and two days after ordering was would it be too small, would it live up to the hype, would the engine be buzzy or boomy?

It does not feel too small at all! In the GTI I had to set the seat all of the way back each time I got out for leg and headroom exiting. I noticed by yesterday I didn't have to do that in the ST. The front door is set forward more than the VW and I have plenty of leg room to get out and no problem with headroom (bonking my head) getting in.
    I was impressed with how quiet it was; and the engine WHOMPS up when pressing the go-pedal! Definitely not buzzy! The suspension feels good and firm but I haven't tested it yet. The shifting is tight and precise. I haven't driven a manual since 1999 but got smoove by Sunday afternoon.

It has definitely lived up to it's press. I have 160 miles now, driving in to work today and keeping it under 4000 rpm for a while.

BTW, now that it is in, the GTI is up for sale. Red 2011 2-dr with DSG, sunroof, nav, 2013 engine, and real cheap right now! I will deliver or pay for shipping!
    PM me if you're in to the "other" German hot hatch....

8. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

BTW, the build date is the date three boxes below the MSRP on your window sticker.....

9. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

And oh yeah, it did NOT have the front license plate attachment....

woovillquattro likes this.
  10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It only gets better from here.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

Smokin and LuvfiestaST like this.
  11. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

Ordered on 12/28 & got a call from my dealer that they have a VIN as of 1/20. ETA is 2/28.

12. JP6

JP6 Member

Damn! I ordered mine 12/2 and last I checked, no build date or vin or anything.

13. F1ST

F1ST Member

My delivery was 14wks to the day.

14. woovillquattro

woovillquattro New Member

This is what is irritating me, i ordered mine Oct 30, didnt event get a VIN or ETA until Dec 26. Build date od Feb 10, delivery should be March 10. Did you get Recaro seats?

15. level42

level42 Active Member

My details are in my signature, I'm expecting to get my car in the next 10 - 14 days :D

16. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I think your dealer's been sitting on their thumbs (to put it nicely)...that's why I pimp my dealer!!!
    And no, I didn't order Recaros.

17. woovillquattro

woovillquattro New Member

Thats what I'm starting to think, just trying to build a case to get money knocked off the price. Feel like they didnt really order it when they said they did or something. Just wish i could find out what really is happening.

18. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

I got Recaros and Nav in Performance Blue. Apparently, adding Rado package bits would've added an additional 4 weeks to my delivery time... how true that actually, is, I don't know. I don't even have the VIN yet.

19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Cripes they are still short of Rado wheels ? that was the reason mine took extra long... wow

ronnie karlen likes this.
  20. rweidman

rweidman New Member

This is the reply I got when i contacted Ford Customer Relation Center about where is my car. Might be worth a try if you have not already contacted them

Hello Richard,
    My name is Angel and I am also from the Ford Customer Relationship Center. I received your email inquiring about the status of your 2014 Ford Fiesta.
    I am sorry to hear about the delay in the delivery. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
    After checking our resources, I have verified that the vehicle was already received by Supreme Auto Transport last September 19, 2013 and will be delivered to the dealership by September 30, 2013.
    Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.
    Angel
    Customer Relationship Center
    Ford Motor Company

21. Smokin

Smokin Active Member