How long have you been waiting?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. woovillquattro

woovillquattro New Member

Update, i now have my window sticker, but was now told my ETA is 10 days later than what the dealership told me.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. woovillquattro

Where at in the box? I see a bunch of numbers and letters.

4. level42

level42 Active Member

I couldn't find the build date on my Window Sticker either, I found my build date by going to here: https://www.etis.ford.com/

5. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Not that hard....

TOTAL MSRP blah blah
    This label is affixed pursuant blah blah blah

Item#: 53- blah blah SPECIAL ORDER

DL271 N RA 2X 415 002365 11 27 13

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  6. woovillquattro

In that case mine would have been built two days ago... Interesting.. Thank you!

7. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

I actually have a VIN now; the car was built on 1/27/14. Annoyingly, I did not order the Rado package, yet my car is apparently coming with it, anyway. Wonder how that is going to work out when it comes to sign the bottom line given the pricing that was agreed on was for a non-Rado car.

Edit: Using the window sticker link with my VIN shows my car was built on 1/10/14. Ford's ETIS tool says it was built on the 27th. Why the discrepancy?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Take it with a grain of salt I have not looked at ETIS for a long time till i got curious with your post and Window sticker says 8/30/13 and ETIS says 9/10/13
    I know the car was built the end of August and do to weather and holiday was delayed in shipping. I think ETIS may be when they get the info loaded into the server perhaps.. Now you just need a railcar number and you are set :) lol
    As for the Wheels if you have a signed contract then it is on them to eat the cost is my feelings ..

ronnie karlen likes this.
  9. __V__

__V__ Member

Are we sure the date on the window sticker is the build date and not when it was locked in the ordering system or when the sticker gets generated? ETIS always seems to report a build date about 2 weeks after the window sticker date.

10. Pijun

Pijun New Member

Hey RKTFiST.

Where you from and when did you order your car. Mine was processed same day as yours and built on same day too. Just out of curiosity cause I'm in Canada.

11. __V__

__V__ Member

I finally found the info, the date on the Window Sticker is the invoice date, ETIS has the actual build date.

12. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

Washington DC metro area; ordered the car in MD. Sadly, yours will probably arrive a little bit after mine. At least I know one of its sisters is going to Canada!
    I'm curious who your source is on that information, since I've yet to see that mentioned anywhere else.

13. __V__

__V__ Member

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/window-sticker-vin-info-493796/

I don't see why ETIS would say build date and always be wrong, this makes sense that a window sticker will not be available until the car is invoiced and then the date on the sticker is the date the car is invoiced.

14. Pijun

Pijun New Member

I just made the assumption that that would be the case. Reason is that I got my vin just before the date written on the window sticker and the dealer told me that build date was gonna be in the 20 something's. Eta is week of feb 23. Just hoping that weather doesn't slow it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

Hah, so to follow up: the VIN the dealer gave me back in January was for a car that was allocated to them with similar options as my order (but not the actual order). When I looked up the VIN and found out it had sold, I drove up to the dealer and asked for an explanation of this. They never told me that was not my factory order; my actual order was updated with a VIN on 2/12, so I am now looking at a possible delivery date in April. To say I am irritated is an understatement. I would not have easily figured this out were it not for Meagan's information, so A+ to Ford for having her and her team out there for us.

I don't know if I have the patience at this point to wait another 6-9 weeks. If the order is subsequently messed up, it could take even longer for delivery. The FR-S and BRZ seem so much more inviting at this point that I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. The car is so good, but all my local dealers are terrible.

16. level42

level42 Active Member

Terribly sorry to hear this, my car alone was delayed about a month and a half, and all I can say is .... WORTH IT!

Firesail likes this.
  17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this also but coming from a FRS all I can say is WAIT IT OUT the car is that good and if you add a COBB AP it is SOOOOOOOOOOO much the better for it... you won't get that kind of kick in a Toyabru twin coming out of Second and nailing Third gear as you do with the FiST..

ronnie karlen and Firesail like this.
  18. mkeperson

mkeperson Member

I finally got my VIN today, on a car ordered before Christmas!

19. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

That's insane. There's no rhyme or reason to ford's ordering. I just saw a few new vehicles that got delivered to nearby dealers with February build dates. Meanwhile there are some sitting that were built back in July. Sitting unsold. Doesnt give me much hope I'll see mine before summer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

20. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Apparently, there is a priority level associated with orders.

21. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

I get that but three months for a VIN. High priority should be 4-6 weeks and 8-10 for lower, factor in its a limited production and maybe bump that up to 12 weeks until delivery. Probably will be nearing 20weeks at that rate. the 2015 will be on the lot by the time some of us see our 14 orders. Ford needs to step it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk