How long have you been waiting?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Awesome, let us know what you see/think!

Couple of things for you to confirm, if you think of it:
    Rear headrests: two high, middle low? or all three low?
    Rearview mirror: electrochomatic?
    Sync: Have they updated the software?
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

If you go how bout a few Pic's ? :thumbsup:
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  4. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

Where is your dealer located? Maybe I can ask my dealer to swap our order with your dealers black one since ours is still awaiting shipment.
  5. Removed

Removed Guest

PM me the dealer's info, I'm not averse to driving to LA if it means not having to wait another 4-10 weeks... wasn't really interested in fully loaded models, but it seems that with dealer stock orders, it's all or nothing.
  6. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Asked my salesman to look up my car; currently in Wisconsin, making its way to BC! Bit of a roundabout way to go from Mexico to BC, but WI is super near the US/CA border, and progress is progress...

Too bad FirSTinWpg's car isn't on my train - they'd be able to drop it off as it passes by.

EDIT: Some silver lining for you, Wpg: I heard about mine shipping on August 17, so it would probably only take about 2 weeks for yours to get to the border once it does ship; fairly quickly, if you ask me. I don't know how long it could be held up at the border, but Winnipeg isn't much further. I live about 900km north of the border.
  7. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Here you Go.

They are both available.
    They should not last long.
    They are at Galpin Ford
    818-787-3800 ask for Frank Nessi
    tell him Dave sent you (I have the Orange one ordered).
    They have a White one as well but it is on hold.

RodMoe likes this.
  8. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

As far as I know mine STILL hasn't left Mexico. At first it didn't bother us too much, but it's starting to get a bit aggravating seeing that deliveries are already happening and they haven't even shipped ours. I contacted Megan this morning to inquire about it but didn't receive a reply yet. I really can't see what the hold up is on a car with a build date of June 14th. It's actually starting to make me a little paranoid that something is wrong with it, and no one will say anything. Other than damage I don't see what could be holding it up this long.
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

If yours was a retail order, it will be shipped AFTER the dealer pre-orders are shipped.
    Don't despair, I am sure this will be very soon now.

10. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

That's the thing, it IS a dealer stock order. That's what makes the fact that it hasn't shipped yet so strange.
  11. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Wow so happy I ordered blue. Every picture I see it looks better and better. Glad to see they are hitting dealers. New York will probably be the last stop though :/
  12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Naw my guess is mine will go thru NY and drop yours off before heading to the midwest ...
  13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I went to my dealer again this morning at 8:00 AM.
    The two STs are already GONE.

14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Wow that's fast. Wonder if it was anyone on here.
  15. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Yikes. Hope the demand isn't that high in the DC area. I'd like to have a little leverage when I negotiate the price.
  16. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Why does it matter? What's the difference of 2 or 5 days? Some of you guys are such whiners....
  17. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The POINT is the TRUTH!

I have since found out that the build date became 9/27/13.
    The contrary to what three different Ford Officials had told me.
    The invoice shows, transportation of 14 days.
    It is not the mater of when.
    As I will be waiting about a week before getting the car anyway.

These people are ALL salesmen, and seem to only tell you what want to hear.
    I am the customer that provides for their livelihood.
    Why can't they just tell the TRUTH.

Why does it matter?
    Because some people have other things in their lives that also need to be dealt with.
    It is sometimes is necessary to schedule things well in advance.
    Now I find that the dealer wants to keep the car an extra two days when it arrives to paint the calipers because that option was omitted by Ford.
    I am not complaining about this but it does again add to the juggling of schedules.

18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

So if the sale folks are handing you a line to keep you happy where are you getting the correct intel ? not being a Debbie downer just curious as I think im about the same place in line if I may ask what is the last 6 numbers of your vin im seeing if that gives some idea of when they will be built since dealers seem to have all 12xxxx and my number is 148053 that might be built second week of Sept last I heard (a week or so ago)
  19. Removed

Removed Guest

I agree about the lack of information - I still don't even have a VIN and I ordered my car over three months ago. It'd be nice to at least have an ETA, even if it's vague. The best I've been told is to check back early - mid September, which means my car may not even get built until October. Waiting... sucks.
  20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Feel your pain Cinderbike 183 days for me but I'm a early adopter so discount 4 months of that lol They gotta be getting here soon and if not I hope my dealer will at least mount up my snows and sync the TPMS for me for FREE... Also I hope to have the car before they give dates for the Octane Academy thingy ....
  21. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Yes, without a VIN it is impossible to confirm anything.
    Once I had a VIN it took almost two weeks before the window sticker was posted.
    This is where I was able to confirm that the painted wheels were omitted and of course MSRP.
    The dealer invoice shows pricing and time for transportation but confirms nothing.
    It took two days after the car was built before ETIS was updated.
    This is the only absolute place I know to confirm the build date.
    Now the car is in transport and that could mean it is still sitting at the assembly plant.
    Then it is up to the Railroad.
    I asked, "The car has GPS, why can't we track it?, I was told "NO"!