How long have you been waiting?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

Finally got word from my salesperson that our ST has shipped and is in transit. ETA of Sept.25 to Oct.1st. It was some awesome good news that we really needed this week. Cant wait for it to arrive. Tuxedo black w/ Molten Orange, fully loaded, getting it tinted before delivery. Will be cool to finally see it in the sheet metal in person.

Mikeygti and TapTapPull like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. wash

wash Active Member

Sorry, I've been occupied.

I picked up my car and its pretty awesome.

First thing, since it was Labor Day weekend the purchase qualified for an extra $1,000 in rebates, a $500 down payment match and $500 private cash on top of the other $500 private cash I'll get by check in the mail. So $1,500 below sticker, free 6 year/100,000 mile extended power train warranty from Ecoboost challenge participation and the ST Octane Academy track day are the extras I got.

Now on to the car. Its pretty much what I remember. I took my salesman on a test drive so he would know what he's selling. I planned on a cloverleaf on ramp to show off the handling but our test drive started with a trip to a gas station for a fill up of 91 octane gas so the closest on ramp was kind of S-shaped. The ramp started as two lanes with a low speed right hand turn of 90°, then a tight left hand of maybe 80° and then a more sweeping right where the two lanes merge to one. So I get on the gas in the low speed right hand and get 25-30 mph very quickly when I see a newish large Audi in the outside tight left. I had a decision, slow for the Audi or keep the hammer down and pass him on the inside before the lane merge. Guess which one I chose?

I passed that Audi like it was standing still and I'm sure the driver is still wondering what the hell drove around him that way.

During that maneuver the car fully maintained its grip, never made a squeak from the tires and went exactly where I wanted it to.

After we were past the Audi I accelerated to freeway speed and merged over a few lanes to demonstrate the mid-range torque and in-gear acceleration of the Ecoboost 1.6.

A moment later he said something like "this car is a little rocket".

We got off the freeway to go back and my salesman was alert enough to mention some features like Sync which I will figure out later.

Driving the car around, it does well enough over bumps and construction steel plares, it is not uncomfortable. The seats are quite snug on my wide body but comfort on long trips is a question still.

I like the driving posture a little more upright so I adjusted the seat back.

After that I went to cleaned out the rental car I had for the extended weekend trip I just made, check it back in, and then win at Pub Trivia which I did.

After that I wrote thins.

I am very tired now and will sleep.

More later.

kvetcha, captainmorbid and TapTapPull like this.
  4. wash

wash Active Member

Oh, my dealer says its the first retail Fiesta ST delivery in North America too.

I'm not sure if I believe that but the car is mine and I'm happy.

kvetcha likes this.
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

So how do you track a railcar?

Dave

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Your dealer can or if you are lucky you can use the car number to trace it on the railroads website. just for grins who is the railroad ? I tracked my 2011 GT from Flat Rock Mich. to the Twin Cites after I got a log in for one of the rail lines through my work as we are a train user of some sort .. I had some luck but when they switched to a different rail provider I wasn't able to track it as easy I ended up emailing the line with the Car number and got help that way from a nice lady that gave me email updates when I asked.. hope to do the same this time. Even though my dealer gave me biweekly updates I wanted to follow it myself just cuz .. Oh maybe Meagan can too..

ronnie karlen likes this.
  7. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

What's Meagan's contact info I want to see how mine is coming

8. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have the railcar number but not the railroad.
    The number is
    ETTX 711783

Dave

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I don't know if we have one here but try this On Fiesta Faction I think she maybe listed as FordService [​IMG]
    Official Ford Representative

10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Found this on the FF site too:
    from July 2010 so it may or may not work

http://www.fiestafaction.com/forums/fiesta-buzz/31566-tracking-your-car-ettx-number.html

Tracking your car with the ETTX number
    I just found some instructions on how to track your car if you have the ETTX number (the rail car number).

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
    2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
    3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
    4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
    5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
    6. That's it, enjoy your updated status report.

11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Congrats ! Enjoy your car......MAJOR jealous though:eek: lol

12. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Awesome ! Just found out today mine is on the way as well !!! Yippee !!

RodMoe likes this.
  13. Removed

Removed Guest

Just got notice that my vehicle was built today and is awaiting shipment. Ford is hauling ass!

Ordered: 6/28/13
    VIN issued: 8/29/13
    Window sticker: 9/3/13
    Built: 9/4/13
    Delivery ETA: 10/5/13

RodMoe likes this.
  14. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Hey cinderbike what's your sequence number? Mine is 145775 and Meagan told me that mine is currently being built and scheduled to be delivered to my dealer on 10/2. My dealer called me today and told me my car is scheduled for build on 9/23 and will be delivered to them before the end of September. I know that's not possible though!

15. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

That railcar tracking above does work.
    My railcar just has no status at this time.
    Earlier I got that it left some place called Masida at 3:15 AM this morning.
    That name was unclear (that's what it sounded like), I do not know if the spelling I have is correct.
    All I know is that I can not locate it (or like it) on any map between Mexico City and LA, Ca.

I know I only have about 10 more days but it has/is a fun challenge to figure out what is going on.

Dave

RodMoe likes this.
  16. wash

wash Active Member

Could that be Mesa Arizona?

17. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

This is fun and provides some stress release.

The railcar is now with Union Pacific and was released from customs hold at 2:43 AM this morning in El Paso, TX.
    ETA in Los Angeles is 9/10/13.

Dave

RodMoe likes this.
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

FordEtis shows your car built 9/4/2013 or as they list it 04.09.2013 Congrats based on your seq number mine should be built next week as I was told by my dealer :) yippie :biglaugh: fyi my # 148053

19. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Dang I just checked ETIS about an hour ago and it wasn't listed yet! Hopefully my dealer is right and they will get it at the end of the month. CAN'T WAIT!!!

RodMoe likes this.
  20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

well I hope it was yours as I had to plug and play with the check number till it went if yours has a 1 the 9th number it is yours Bud :happy: seems the rest of the vin numbers/letters are the same except the seq number of course..

ronnie karlen and Stevelach like this.
  21. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Oh yea, it's mine. I checked:)

ronnie karlen and RodMoe like this.