How long have you been waiting?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

So you settled for something else.
    What did you give up?
    What did you do to crack the windshield?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

I had a silver ST on order now scheduled for delivery October 2nd. My dealer got a Molten Orange with all the options (just the way I had ordered mine) and I took it for a test drive this morning. I was trying to stay strong and wait for mine to come in, but then someone in a 2013 silver Fiesta parked right nest to the orange one and I was sold! On the drive home I went through a construction area and a truck kicked up a rock and cracked the windshield. Probably going to get it filled because I can't bare the thought of the windshield coming out just yet. The color is really great and the car is faster and handles better than I had imagined.

Can't figure out how to lower the load floor though. It doesn't seem possible. I updated the MFT to 3.6 and that took about 20 minutes. The ambient lighting doesn't come on with the doors open. Don't the earlier ones do that? Also, the headliner is a very nice dark grey and looks fantastic.
  4. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

It's been a busy night since my test drive and y night won't slow down but here are some quick thoughts.

This car looks mean! Compared to the non-ST fiestas it just looks pissed off.

The tuxedo black and the grey wheels go so well together, and the car is really something else to look at in person. I was blown away, and I've checked out every picture on the Internet of tuxedo black. Nothing did it justice.

Ride is stiff, but not jarring.

It's gonna be such a fun car.

I didn't push it very hard in the test drive.

Pics and more write up tomorrow. I will take delivery tomorrow.
  5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Are the door sill plates lighted or not ?I'm getting forgetful with the loooong wait lol
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  6. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Thank you now I can rest easy ;)
  8. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Dang... I have bad luck with windshields, but that was fast. Congrats on getting into your ST though !
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

If you are referring to the floor in the cargo area.
    Doesn't it just lift out and then can be reinserted in the lower position?

10. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

It does lift out, but the spare tire seems to be too tall for it to sit flat with the trailing edge positioned below the rear mount. I'll take another look at it later today and see if I can get it to lay flat at the lower position.
  11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have looked at this in many cars now so I know it does fit.
    Perhaps your spare tire is not mounted correctly or something is under it.

12. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Thanks for that info. I just tried again and it definitely won't sit anywhere near flat in the lower position due to the spare. I'll pull the spare out and see what I can find out.
  13. Steve

Steve New Member

Just got a call from my dealer as I was driving into work this afternoon. My car is in, I can go pick it up Monday after 5pm!
    RodMoe likes this.
  14. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

My car was unloaded from the railcar this morning at 8:00 AM.
    I will be loaded onto a transport today to be delivered to my dealer.
    The bad news is that my dealer only accepts deliveries of Fords and Lincolns between 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
    So it looks like I won't see the car until tomorrow.

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

What a bittersweet happy day for you Dave !! On a different note I got a Email from my dealer confirming what Etis and Meagan told me. "Car built awaiting shipment" no mind you I have not been to the dealer in a few weeks to near a month I figure he will let me know when its done and he did :) Thank goodness for the interweb and places like this to keep me off their back or I would be at the dealer so often I could sell cars for them LOL ,,
  16. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Well the end is in sight. Congrats!
    When was your car shipped from Mexico ?
  17. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I don't know when it left the plant but it was built on 8/27 and arrived in El Paso, TX. on 9/5.

18. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Got an email from my dealer today....Car is set to arrive at the dealer the week of November 21st.....should i complain and try to get free winter tires or what?
  19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes its worth a try...
  20. breon

breon Member

I haven't read through the 7 pages of responses. Has anyone ordered their FiST from the factory? If so, how long did it take? I'm not talking about purchasing one that the dealer ordered. I'm talking about custom purchasing one from scratch.

The dealer I was working with said that the FoST had a bunch of supply issues last year. I was wondering if the FiST could be hit with the same issues.
  21. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

When did you order? Is it even. Built yet? Getting info from my dealer is like pulling teeth. I ordered a week before you. And I only have my vin. I think RodMoe ordered a week before me and it was just built on sept 10 and scheduled for oct/11/13 delivery?