How long have you been waiting?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. breon

breon Member

The dealer I'm working with has a 7 day return policy and a 30 day exchange policy. You should go bust their chops to get your FiST.

ronnie karlen likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I'll test drive the Fiesta tomorrow before I sign anything. I feel a little bad for the sales manager since I feel like I hardballed them a little into the Focus, but hey, that's sales.

4. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Dude its your hard earned $$$ Don't feel bad at all :mischievous:

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Well as per my great luck my car did not show up today.
    Now I am told Monday.
    Maybe it is a good thing that I did not take delivery on Friday the 13th.
    Of course next is a bad work week for me and I may not be able to get it until Thursday.

Disappointed again, but I will not buy a Focus.

Dave

6. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

True enough!

7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Not sure how I would feel about a Friday the 13th build date either lol

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Well, looks like I will be waiting quite a while now.
    After being hosed by my first dealer...where I had ordered last year, but they decided not to give me the first order so they could put one on the lot instead.

Moved on to a new dealer...
    At first they said they were switching an existing stock order to my spec's....
    Then it changed to an estimated 8 week at the most delivery...looking at Late September, to mid October at the most...
    Called in after 3 weeks... And was told now that I can expect the car in late December/early January of next year... (But on the bright side!! i'll be getting a '14 instead of a '13 !!) lol.........

The only glimmer of hope is that they claim my order has been "accepted" now, by Ford... But no VIN... (I thought once they were accepted they got a VIN and then waited to be scheduled a build date? Correct me if I am wrong, so that could mean it actually isn't "accepted" yet..). And only now informed me that they had no allocations (After confirming many times they did indeed have allocations). They also claim I am first in line out of 5 ST's on order for them... And only mine is guaranteed so far... But at this point, I don't really believe a whole lot...

This is what I continue to hate about buying new cars... Same BS games every time. I can understand not knowing a date, or being wrong about the dates.. But they constantly keep changing the story about what kind of order I have, and whether or not they have allocations.

So I can either keep their loaner vehicle and tough it out or they've offered to give back my truck and cancel all the paperwork if I want to walk.

I'll probably sit tight... But disappointed to say the least. Way later than I had anticipated. Really, another 3-4 months? Just lucky that the loaner vehicle isn't costing me anything as that is unfortunately still a better alternative than depreciating my trade-in for another 4 months and seeing what it's worth then.... Hopefully this guy has no idea what he's saying and the car arrives sooner than later.

Those who are just buying off the lots are lucky to be skipping the wait.... Unfortunately there is about a 0% chance of a car in my spec's showing up on a lot. And with the complication of my trade-in.... I'd have to take back my truck not knowing who has test-driven it since or what has been done with it... and try to sell it privately and still secure a deal elsewhere before the Canadian incentives expire this month. (I had other allocation options secured, but burned those bridges when I ordered through this dealer.

Ah well, the downside of ordering vs buying off the lot.

9. TWDM

TWDM Member

I'm glad I took my money to another dealership then. Got a VIN within 2 weeks vs waiting till December. The people at Keywest are serial liars IMO. If you can get a better deal elsewhere I'd take my money and run.

10. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

There are at least 2 of us on this forum that placed our order the 1 and 2 week in March. At least my car was shipped yesterday after 6 months. Now I got to wait 4 more weeks before it gets here. Just take a chill pill and try to relax ! ;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    Stevelach likes this.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ummm sorry to be a pistol but we all have 2014's in title at least even if they are delivered in 2013.... :headbang:

12. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

True that :)

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah, I'll look into my options. I just liked the free loaner, and getting an offer on my trade that... I could live with. Was getting tired of negotiating with different dealers. Just wanted it over & done with.

The biggest issue isn't so much the time, but just with all the dishonesty, and story-changing.... whether or not I'm actually going to get a car from them. Don't want to waste the time and have nothing to show for.

Did you custom order to your specs? Or take an existing order as is?

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

It's not about the wait. I can deal with that. It's about the uncertainty of whether they are even going to come through with a car since they have been constantly changing the story about whether they have an allocation or not.. And unclear as to whether the order is actually going through or not.

I've waited far longer in the past.

Part of the concern too is that in part of the deposit agreement, where I put my truck in for trade.. They included a clause that says if they don't hold up on their end by Dec.31 of this year, they refund cash in the amount that was agreed upon for my trade, or return the trade if they haven't sold it yet.

The problem with that, is that the value agreed upon for trade only works for me because of the tax-savings. If they turn around and just give me the cash of that value and I'm stuck purchasing elsewhere... That puts me out several grand in tax savings in addition to no longer having the employee pricing incentive.

Now since they quoted a possible delivery of January, perhaps you can see the validity of my concern. Going to have to call them again tomorrow and renegotiate that detail if they are not going to be able to meet that date, because it would realistically cost me several grand.

A little more complicated than a lack of patience :) Pair that up with the less than honest behavior so far, and it gets me wondering what is there to stop them from intentionally dragging things on to pass that date, so that they can keep the incoming ST to sell @ or above MSRP meanwhile stealing my "trade" in.

15. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah, I had a chuckle at that.... I corrected him but he insisted that I was mistaken... And that nobody will get a 2014 until next year. *shrug*

16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

OH man I would be so not happy with that kinda short sited stuff :chicken::poop: :mad: ..... Do what you need to to so you don't get killed but man I feel for you .. :oops:
    We will be here to keep you company at least ;)

17. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The way my luck has been going,
    I may end up with a 2015 car.:eek:

Dave

18. TWDM

TWDM Member

He said he changed an existing order in their system to my specs. Maybe he has extra allocation, i'm not quite sure, but I received a VIN quite quickly compared to others. I can ask him about a potential deal and set you guys up (maybe even get volume pricing ;)).

Good news for me is I have an anticipated build date of Sep 30th + 3 weeks for delivery per my dealer. However he said it could potentially be delayed so he doesn't want to give me promises he can't keep. Overall very honest seller.

19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

How do you get the rail car number ? I asked Meagan but she's not able to disclose that info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

20. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

you get a railcar # about 7 days after the car shows as being Produced on the cars history report

21. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Your dealer will be able to give you the railcar number after your car is loaded.

Dave