I just ordered my winter setup......now if the car would just get here

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by lill2012, Jun 19, 2014.

1. lill2012

lill2012 Member

I just purchased my winter setup for my soon-to-be-delivered ST. I ordered 2 snow tires, 2 all seasons and 4 steelies and it came to about $575. I went with a 15" rim on 195/55 r15's. Living in northern NJ, I need all the sidewall I can get during the winter. Has anyone done this (the 15's) and were there any clearance issues with the calipers? Car should be here in about 2 weeks.......aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

SpaceFish likes this.
  4. lill2012

lill2012 Member

I was thinking the same thing, but my guy said it wouldn't make a difference. I tried the 2 snows on the drive wheels when I had my 330ci. But that was also much heavier and RWD. The snows are only $20 more per tire. I'll probably call in the morning and change my order.
  5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I would, especially since you are ordering all 4 tires anyway.. That way you can properly rotate them and also not worry about the rear end getting loose due to less grip.
  6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

You should never, never, never ever use all season tires and snow tires together. Tire Rack, Road & Track, and plenty of other sources have tested and documented why mismatched tires is a bad idea. The rear will not have the same grip level under braking or even turning. The ST is very tail happy as it is, and using all season tires on the rear would be a bad idea.
    Mikeygti likes this.
  7. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I got a full set of 15" Dunlop Graspic snows on steel wheels from Tire Rack. No clearance issues. Car is great in the snow with good tires and the Cobb econo tune that limits boost to 6 psi.
  8. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Oh and for snows narrower is better ... at least for real snow. I believe mine are 185/60-15.
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  9. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

I have 185-60-15 on steelies.. Never a problem here in Toronto's winter. I've always heard your cheapest winter tires are better than your most expensive all season tires
  10. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

185/60 15 is the size of the spare anyway so might as well matchem all up....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    LuvfiestaST likes this.