I just registered for the Ford ST Octane academy:

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by wash, Dec 14, 2013.

1. audiphile

audiphile Member

by track time, Bill means "lead and follow". Bill is the person I spoke to as well. I'd still go if I didn't have to fly cross-country!
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Roadrunner362

Roadrunner362 New Member

I attended Boss Track Attack at Miller a couple of years ago. They had the track split with an east and west course. We used the east course and for our final 20 minute session we had basically open track time with passing allowed on the straight as long as the slower driver gave the wave by.

We had a reception dinner the first night and were able to tour the museum. The next day consisted of class instruction, skid car, class instruction, practicing heel and toe, class instruction/breakdown, following the instructors on track, lunch/class, A lead and follow session on track with the other drivers, class/breakdown, final hot session with passing allowed, hot lap riding shotgun with a pro driver = Holy sh*t my car can do that!
    It was a pretty cool experience. I was thinking the ST Academy would probably be something like that.
    Blinkrz and Smokin like this.
  4. Rouse

Rouse New Member

FINALLY there has been progress...sort of...the FAQ now says that the course description will be updated in early 2014 rather than Autumn 2013 :headbang:

What is the daily schedule of activities?

We will be finalizing the daily activity schedule as the ST Octane Academy program takes shape in early 2014.
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I just confirmed my flight, hotel, & car reservations.
    I have decided to only do the one day.
    With an early birthday gift my total cost will be about $300.00.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

6. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Anyone else here in the Apr 3rd session? My daughter and I are going to that one.
  7. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Just missed by a few days.
    I will be there on April, 5th.

8. Blinkrz

Blinkrz Member

8-9th for me
  9. onederer

onederer Member

May 3rd. I'll be the guy in the Fiesta ST.
  10. Blinkrz

Blinkrz Member

Quick question for those who have been up in that area before...

The person I'm traveling with will not be attending the ST event(s) so enjoying snow over in Park City will be a factor in them joining me on my trip.

Will there be a likelyhood of snow during April 5th - April 13th?

Theres a skiing championship "U16" (?) that ends on the 5th, that leads me to beleive there would be snow in that area.

Anyone know?

11. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Thats usually right about closing weekend for the Park City resorts.

But, Brighton, Alta & Snowbird will still be open
  12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

As I will be there the 5th to the 7th,
    I sure hope NOT.

13. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Park City can have snow then, but down in SLC and where Miller is it will be spring time.
  14. JP6

JP6 Member

Mosh, what about the myth that there's always snow during the Mormon conference, which is the first weekend in April? Haha, Seems to always be cruddy weather.
  15. Blinkrz

Blinkrz Member

Thank you guys...

It gives me a few more options at least....wish there was a shorter way to get to Snowbird from Park City....besides a helicopter that is lol

Worst case, we just take a very long drive around the mountains every other day....sure hope it doesnt have to end up like that, yikes.
  16. smatty

smatty Member

Definitely going to register and drive out there register August. Ten (10) hour drive but I guess i can stop in Vegas along the way. Stop in Vegas on the way back. :D
  17. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Registered for the April 28/29.
  18. WmJay

WmJay Member

I'll be there May 10/11. Gotta love flying for $7 using my Southwest points!
  19. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Flying with my daughter for $40 on Delta points and staying free on Hilton points. Traveling for work does have it"s benefits
  20. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I'm going June 11/12.
  21. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I have signed up for May 10-11th....Wahoo!