I just registered for the Ford ST Octane academy:

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by wash, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I took Suzanne. They say that the Guest needs to be able to drive a car with a clutch, but she never got to drive anything except the go-carts at the end. They did take her out on the course(s), and fed her of course, but she didn't get to learn with the rest of us..

Who else has put their badges on?......I think the black on silver looks much better than the red. On the front the black on the black grill almost disappears. STOAbadge.jpg

bryramos likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. bryramos

bryramos Member

Can you take a picture of the front emblem?

4. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Here's the front then....

STOAbadge-2.jpg

bryramos and Firesail like this.
  5. golfhack

golfhack Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

6. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

The guest experience package from what I saw did not allow the dude I saw's GF to do much, she did not look like she had a good time.
    Reconsider dragging your significant other with you because they really won't have fun while you get to go screw around with cars

7. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Yeah what I really want is to be allowed to bring her to the reception, then have her drop me at the track for school the next morning while she finds some local stuff to keep busy with.

8. bryramos

bryramos Member

I like that stealth look on the front emblem

9. wash

wash Active Member

Tooele isn't where I would look to find local stuff to keep busy with.

If you want to do that I suggest you get a hotel centrally located in Park City so the GF can walk or taxi around Park City while you take off for the track really early with the rental car.

10. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Thanks wash. I will figure something out :) I was waiting to hear the verdict on the STOA and it sounds too good to pass up!

11. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

So I want to go in july (21-22 looks good) but my friend wants to go but doesnt have an ST. so anyone know of another ST owner willing to transfer the class for some $?

12. eRic

eRic Active Member

Misti Sparks emailed the photo to me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  13. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

will be there june 8th/9th if anyone else is going

14. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

non transferrable AFAIK

15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

All I've seen says it is available only for buyers of 13/14 FoST and '14 FiST. And they do ask for a VIN.

16. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I do recall reading that it is transferable to immediate family and they define what that means.

17. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

yea its all in the faq, no go for my friend. oh well

18. moshaholic2

Just finished the course. It was really fun. I was the only Fiesta owner there. Which was somewhat of a disadvantage when it came to the auto x (urban x) as they made us run the timed portion in the Focus ST. Which, i hadn't ever driven.

I didn't get smoked, some where between 4th & 8th (out of a full group of 25!..didnt stare at the times to figure out which spot exactly I placed). Not bad since I havent auto x'd in about 15 years. There was a REALLY fast guy there. The intructors were like, "oh shit, look at that guy!" As he placed w/in a second of the instructors lap record.

We ran east course, again I chose the Fiesta over the Focus (that everyone else was driving). You can go flat out in 3rd over that whole course. *IF* you can carry enough speed through the corners you can use 4th in about 2 spots. They space you out really well but I was able to gain on a normally faster Focus. No where near close enough to pass, but could tell they were getting closer.

Ended w/ karts. Wish it were timed with awards for that vs the auto x. I started last and by the end of the first lap was in 3rd. By the end of that lap way out in front. Ended up lapping some people 3 times, most others twice. I think only 2 others finished on the same lap as me.

Wear lots of sunblock!!!! Its hot as hell out there.

19. moshaholic2

Forgot to add the group photo. Im the guy, middle row, behind/between the guy w/ the beard and lady on the right half of the photo.

[​IMG]

spangenb, Dyn085 and bryramos like this.
  20. chalituna

chalituna Member

Just came back from ST Octane Academy and I hace to say, it was one of my memorable moment. I didn't read this thread before going so I had no idea what to expect, especially the goodies I get in the end. My favorite had to be the trophy and the exclusive ST badges.

So I made this MFT background so people can enjoy!

[​IMG]

bryramos likes this.
  21. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I ordered blk/silver ST badges off of eBay, but the rear badge came in the same size as the front one (too small). So I haven't done the switch. I didn't realize ST Academy attendees received different color badges.

Anyone not planning to use theirs?