Ian@COBB's Personal Fiesta ST Adventure

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Photos and Media' started by COBB, Jan 24, 2014.

1. COBB

COBB Active Member

If you call us, we can probably make that happen. Currently our website recognizes a single part number for the Focus/Fiesta ST AP, so that's why we have the straight exit for both. Hopefully in the future it will be a bit more customizable on checkout.

Ian

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL ya it hurts to go fast sometimes eh ;)

4. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Yeah but that doesnt make you go fast at all. Its just a convinient accessory.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Awwww man there ya go exposing me again ... facts who need em LOL :thumbsup:

6. stuntdoogie

Sorry Roddy not trying to make you look bad in front of the guys...we know you da man :p

7. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

awww I'm feeling the bromance again though there is a hint of sarcasm there somewhere ;) LOL sorry to hijac the topic. Cant wait for Dyno numbers and all the goodies....

9. wash

wash Active Member

Exactly, if it was $19 I wouldn't mind so much.

Ideally they would make it work with a generic Bluetooth OBD2 dongle so we could go wireless.

10. wash

wash Active Member

That's customer service right there, thanks.

COBB and Firesail like this.
  11. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

12. stuntdoogie

Gonna order one also

13. COBB

COBB Active Member

Went biking on Saturday and finally used my new Sea Sucker rack! The good: it works great! The bad: it howls over 45 MPH. I'm undecided if this will be my final bike carrier solution.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sunday was Cars and Coffee at the Oasis near Lake Travis in Austin. I met my twin!

[​IMG]

And other awesome cars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aborbs87, Michael and bryramos like this.
  14. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the orange knob. ;)

Dave

15. wash

wash Active Member

I just placed an order for an Accessport with left exit cable.

Customer service was great.

Rereading the original post, your car is a twin to mine, Oxford White with Smoke Storm Recaros and Navigation.

Yours has a sunroof but I'll let that slide.

Mine is dirtier.

I'm going to have light wheels and Cobb power for my trip to the Horse Thief Mile, just the kind of edge I'm looking for.

Thanks.

COBB likes this.
  16. wash

wash Active Member

My shipping confirmation came in a little after lunch.

They didn't take their time putting it in the mail.

If I had ordered on the 6'th instead of procrastinating I would have my Accessport by now!

I'm a bad customer.

COBB likes this.
  17. COBB

COBB Active Member

I drove my FiST to the airport to do this, so it's somewhat related, haha. I got to drive the 2015 Subaru STI at Laguna Seca, then took a few hot laps with Bucky Lasek. More pictures and video soon if you guys want!
    [​IMG]

Smokin and aborbs87 like this.
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

UM HECK YA !!!

19. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

so how is the new STI? i have a WRX. I always have two cars. thinking about replacing the WRX with an STI. The WRX has 300whp so in a way the new STI would be a step down. also considering a vette but im waiting for the bugs to be mashed out of the current model.

one thing i will say, my WRX performed great in the two snowpocalypses or cluster-flakes as the first one was called here in atlanta.. the fist couldnt get up out of my driveway, but the wrx had no problems. kinda like the idea of having something with awd or 4wd available for the odd disaster.

20. COBB

COBB Active Member

We should have some Fiesta ST updates by the end of the month!! Here's my 2015 STI story.

[​IMG]

A letter in the mail from Subaru of America can make your heart skip a beat. Lucky for us, it was an invitation to drive the new 2015 WRX STI at Laguna Seca! There was no way we could pass up this incredible opportunity, so I (Ian@COBB) met up with Subaru in Northern California this past week.

Once I arrived at the track, we got a nice little breakfast along with an orientation on the new STI. Subaru engineers loved the EJ25 power plant, but thought the chassis didn’t live up to the engine. After driving the car, I definitely think they followed through with their intention! First, we saw the car in person, a cutaway of the chassis and improved bracing, and took plenty of pictures of the engine bay and underside. Every time a picture is posted of the car, the first comment is someone calling it an Evo. However in person, this car looks great and is uniquely a Subaru.

[​IMG]

Next, I hopped in the car and followed another STI “pace car” around the track. This was my first time driving at Laguna Seca and it was an incredible experience in itself. No amount of YouTube videos or iRacing can prepare you for the Corkscrew! The first lap was learning the best gear for each turn and to get a feel for the track. The next 2 laps were flat out followed by a cool down lap and we got to do sessions like this several times. I also took a few laps around the track with Bucky Lasek, a Subaru GRC driver (and XGames skateboarder).

Impressions:

Sound - “Your video sucks! This music sucks!” I know. I’m sorry! I was so excited to capture the video I could, I never got any with good sound. It sounds exactly like a stock STI. The cabin is a bit quieter, but it does have a sound generator that pumps intake air into the cabin. Some people will love this and some will hate it. I love it, but I like loud noises.

Power - The car feels much better than a stock GR STI. The power band is much smoother and it builds power linearly. This is a massive improvement over the previous generation vehicle with stock mapping. I know we will make it even better though.

[​IMG]

Transmission - Feels just like the current STI...mostly because it is. Subaru told us the bushings were stiffer and the throws were shorter. It felt just like I expected and their factory short shifter feels very short: just like a typical upgraded short shifter would.

[​IMG]

Handling - Wow. This is what Subaru wanted to fix, and they did. It is still an AWD Subaru and a factory car, so it does have a bit of push. But, much less push than the previous car, and it feels much more responsive. It initiates turns much better, is very predictable, and instills driving confidence. The car feels lighter despite being a few pounds heavier. Body roll is minimal. It is more fun to drive than the previous car, more like our shop Evo MR: point and go. The torque steer is eliminated, even with all of the electronic nannies turned off. Overall, it is a massive improvement over the previous body style and a very welcome change.

[​IMG]

Interior - Information everywhere. The center console has a digital boost gauge that can be configured for various features. This screen and small LCD screen between speedo and RPM is where you will see changes to DCCD or traction control. The layout of everything is nice and it works well together. The seats are a very minor improvement over the previous body style, but nothing special. That steering wheel though...incredible. The shape is perfect, it feels amazing in your hands, and I wish I could put it in every car I own.

[​IMG]

Overall - This is a great evolution of the STI platform. I know we were excited for a new engine and a new challenge, but what Subaru’s PR guys said made sense and they executed it perfectly. They took a great engine platform, improved the response on it, and then took the chassis a giant step forward. Would I trade in a 2011 STI sedan I already owned for one? Maybe. Would I buy this over a leftover stock 2014 STI? Definitely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Dang that wing reminds me on my RSX .... Looks nice though ..